1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Moderator...

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by andyb, Jan 19, 2019.

1. GSOH
    Previous experience not required
    must be able to deal with a small clique...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Apply. Perfectly suited :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I just read the thread and wanted to add my tuppence worth but the thread is closed. I like to think I have some reasonably useful content and experience to contribute, despite not riding for that long since I'm silly enough to spend more than my earnings on red two wheeled machines. I don't have much motivation to post these days for exactly the same reasons as discussed. I actually dont mind a political debate but its like trench warfare chatting with the usual suspects on here. I know the majority are decent people and share the love for Ducati but even when you ignore the politics and try to talk bikes, most of those same people have no good words to say about what Ducati is doing these days and they turn their noses up at people who are spending such large sums of money on the new bikes. It's really quite ironic that you have such a bad attitude to Ducati on a Ducati forum. I can understand to some degree as it's the nature of the subject, it makes me a little bitter i can't afford to buy a V4R to race for instance, but at least appreciate the awesomeness of the machine for gods sake? I'm pretty thick skinned and still visit regularly but it puts me off taking the time to post anything in depth.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  4. Oops, sorry - I just asked El to come back, didn't realise we had such an enigmatic candidate :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. If you can't get ET back, Rob, stick in on "Jobsite" with a sensible remuneration package and fringe benefits........

:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

6. Great interview - the job's yours !

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I hope Terry reconsiders as for someone to put, i would think a lot of there own free time into the running of the forum gets a thumbs up from me,
    I do think sometimes when a spat happens on here it might be easier for a moderator to just nip it in the bud (which i understand could
    frustrate members who are posting in that thread) and close a thread as they don't have the free time (as they are busy with there full time job) to continue sorting it out, (just a thought)

8. Where's Loz when we need him??;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. What did I miss ?

10. I have sent Terry a PM this morning.

I'll leave it at that, but for my part, I hope he reconsiders.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Ahhh bollox, have I missed a diva strop?? Who? When? Where? Who got the first punch, err post in??

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 51698FBA-B53E-414C-840F-DE991FF722B8.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. There has been a big emphasis on 3 disgruntled people leaving recently - the one common factor being that they don't like the fact that it isn't purely a Ducati Forum where all we talk about is Ducati's in a serious manner with no joking or humour.
    I wonder how many people have joined in this time...
    You can't please everyone - but Terry gets it right most of the time (more so than a normal person would - not saying he's not normal btw) but clearly this last spat could have been avoided if the disgruntled person had simply blocked the person that was spoiling his enjoyment of the forum with his picture posts, which many other regular members liked btw - most were even Ducati official 'press' history albeit from a different era.
    Come home ET :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 9
  14. It would help if the banter and drivel were kept in the threads where they belong, the problem seems to be when a serious thread be it Ducati or other, deteriorates into a farce.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. It's a thankless job trying to make a bunch of angry old men get on. ET is a good bloke, come back for hugs mate!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. And 3 pages of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. This last spat was nothing of the sort, it was a Ducati Picture Thread with a new member posting historical official Ducati Pictures that many members were appreciative of - on the other side of the coin how welcome have we made him feel :thinkingface: besides, until you retire you cannot be taken seriously :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. You've changed... :kissing_heart:

19. It's not posting pictures that's the problem, nor is it humour and jokes. The problem is when the new member is asked to desist offending people, instead of toning it down and apologising he ramps it up and gets on his high horse. And then doubles down on that, Trump-style. Some people just cannot take a hint.

20. Yes , it was a big speech I agree - but if only the ignore function had been used all would be well as he got a large proportion of positive votes on all the posts. As someone said earlier - the members are the forum and the content is what they post - if too close to the bone and in any way illegal then it's the moderators deaccession to remove and advise, but they didn't appear to fall into this category.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information