1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

France, Spain, Portugal Or Italy

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Wayne58, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Anyone up for a late notice blast too any of the above anytime during the first 2 weeks of October. Time's and place's flexible, boat and road or just road? I'm flexible except for one thing, hotels a must, I don't really do camping, any takers for a short break off sunshine and ale??

2. Have to be spain, most likely to be dry and 20+ during the day. I'd imagine the ferries are cheaper now too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Yeah was thinking Portsmouth to Santander :upyeah:

4. What do you have in mind. Time, destination, budget ?

5. Just got back from Spain/Portugal and agree that would be best choice for weather.Basically if it rains then 100 miles south and you're normally dry
    Great roads ,nice people good value. We were paying about £30 on average for a hotel
    Enjoy

6. Am
    Am pretty easy going mate, maybe Pompey to Santander then to pico's , not too worried about budget, just fancied a bike break in my 3 weeks off, I'm not back till 15th Oct now, so will do some looking on net today for possibles :upyeah:

7. Agree, I been to Spain loads and usually end up toward Barcelona so this time maybe Pico range?

8. That's where we were fantastic roads
    N621 from Potes to Riano
    Riano to Cangas del Onis
    Push further over to Cangas de Narcea and there's more
    If it starts to get dodgy drop into Portugal N103 Chavez to Braganca
    The North West weather is the most unpredictable but as mentioned quick escape routes are there
    Leon is a great city/night out and don't overlook the N623 out of Santanderto Burgos. Will get you warmed up nicely then you could head into Picos on N627bit boring but links to Potes
    Potes not my cup of tea but you may like it
    Please forgive me if I have been going over old ground

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Great time of year to go. Warm days, cool evenings, mostly dry. Not jealous at all
    :confused:

10. Go sick @bradders!! :upyeah: Boss is a right bassah anyway :cool:

#12 Wayne58, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
  11. I think he’d know.....

12. OK cool. If you can crunch some numbers I'll see if if I can get a pass out from her indoors.
    I still have a couple of weeks up my sleeve at work, checked last night and there's no one off first couple of weeks in October :upyeah: Second week would be the better option but i could always push for Fri 6th off to give the extra day

13. 2nd week works for me mate, I'll get back to ya soon as.....

14. Cool. I'll speak to the boss when she gets home :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. come on bradders, you know you want to, sun, bikes and ale :cool:

16. No worky...no payyee...or something like that :)

Would love to and likely Oct will be last time I can take any time out until March next year but just had 6 days away and have bills to pay and bikes to buy....plus that porker to save for ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've just done the N330 Almansa to Requena in Spain and what a road that was

• Like Like x 1
  18. Used up my allocation for a while, would have loved to gatecrash this. ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information