1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Solo - Worth A Watch

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Watched this today. The story of Alex Hannold who climbs cliff faces that you would think were impossible, and all without any safety ropes. o_O Nuts, but you have to admire him as an athlete and just the thing to make you feel inadequate as you lie on the sofa on a Sunday night, watching the TV, eating Pringles. :confused:

Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 19.59.08.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Great watch!

3. My stomach was in knots watching it. He's flipping nuts mind you!

4. I can't watch that without falling off the sofa o_O

5. Thought you were hiding behind it...

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. No room...

IMG_4870.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. This guy (me) feels fine without having to do shit like that...did he get glamour puss after? I will do stuff for glamour puss..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Amazing film, we watching it in the cinema when it first came out and haven't been so emotional watching a film since the Dunlop family movie.

9. Yeah, but you wear a safety harness whilst sitting on your sofa. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. I watched 'The Dawn Wall' on Netflix today, worth a watch if the above interested you.

Stu.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Oooh I keep meaning to watch that. Hell of a story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I have seen him climbing, my heart was in my mouth :confounded:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just watched it.
    Two words.....f### that!!

14. I rarely watch films. But this one's on my radar. I've asked Mrs. Hinge to download it when it becomes available.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Definitely a must see is this film, I watched it the other night, my heart was in my mouth!!!
    Absolutely zero margin for error and I couldn’t believe some of the tiny grips he was using, suddenly realised......the palms of my hands were sweating,...scary!!!

16. I've just realised...........he's using chalk on his fingers for extra grip, the cheating fooker!!!! :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. I also watched ' the Dawn wall' recently. Spectacular photography of seemingly impossible climbing, and an amazing story behind the main climber who was captured and held hostage by terrorists whilst climbing in Kurdistan, escaped after pushing his captor to certain death, and then went on;despite chopping his index finger off with a circular saw, to become the first climber to free climb the face of 'El Cap'

Highly recommended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Valley Uprising is on Netflix too which gives a good history of the valley... Climbing on acid etc.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Yep, made my palms sweat!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information