1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Brake Hose Change

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by CAT3, Mar 29, 2021.

1. After just over twenty six years I thought it was about time I replaced the original front brake hoses on my '94 750SS. I wanted to use quick release, or dry-break, fittings on the calipers just because it makes it very easy to disconnect the calipers without the need to re-bleed them when they are re-fitted.
    Here's the before,
    DSCN3929.JPG
    And the after,
    DSCN3934.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. Good job, is that a production kit or custom?

3. I bought all the parts, seperately from Torques in Swansea. I've used them for a while now, all the oil hoses & fuel hoses on my bobber were made using self-assembled hose & fittings from them. Swaged fittings would be a little neater, but that means getting one end swaged on, then measuring the pipe with the other end fitting in place, cutting the pipe to length, then sending it all back to Goodridge with a drawing showing the orientation of the end fittings to each other. It's never been an issue to do it that way & Goodridge have always been very helpful to me in the past, as I'm sure HEL would be too. It's just simpler/easier for me to make them up myself in my garage, on the bike.

I just had to machine the banjo bolts down 1.5mm in length as the titanium quick release banjo bodies on the male halfs are a little narrower than the normal stainless steel type banjos. That allowed me to tighten the bolts up fully in the calipers & stop them bottoming out before they clamped down on the copper washers & sealed.

#3 CAT3, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  4. Nice work, looks good

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Its all in the detail, looks great. Notice the Maxton sticker as well. This must be one very sorted 750.

6. Hopefully it'll be worth the effort, not tried the bike on the road yet since re-fitting the forks because I'm still waiting for a rear sprocket to arrive, (after ordering it at the beginning of September last year !!, cancelled that order the other day & re-ordered from another supplier, hopefully it will be here this week).

7. I have admired Maxton from a far for a long time but have never kept a bike long enough or wanted it bad enough to get the work done. Who knows, maybe this SS will be the one!?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information