1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Front Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Perc, Jul 23, 2018.

1. After 450 miles and 1 track day, the front brake pads are down to 1.5mm of material on the pad.
    Seems very excessive pad wear given the use.
    Does anyone know the thickness of the pad material when new?

Cheers Perc

2. Without getting a measuring stick, the OE pads look to be between 3mm and 4mm thick. Did you bed the new pads and discs in for the 1st 100 or so miles ? If you didn't, I'm not that surprised at the wear you describe. Andy

3. Yeah, I’ve done 2 (steady, run in) track days and my pads are shagged.

4. Pads/brakes bedded in during normal road use for 350 miles, with no excessive braking/hard stops, and them 3 x 20 mins @ Oulton park

5. thanks for the reply.
    What did you replace your pads with? Stock or something else?
    Cheers P.

6. Not done it yet mate. Off back to work now for a few weeks. I’ll look into pad action and feed back...

7. And oh, it’ll be something else :) there will be better after sales options out there than OE.

8. borrozzinomoto give this company a try in Italy,much cheaper and I received my 1098s SC Brembos £58 within 3/4 days..
    I went through ebay...
    Brembo Z04 pads are amazing for 1299s not sure on V4 yet, but £280 in UK, £220 From them...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Z04 are awesome pads, well worth the money as they pay for themselves through lasting two or three times the standard pads. TRW and Bendix both do a similar pad that is arguably as good. The TRW one is thicker so maybe will last a bit longer although I’ve not worn through them yet. Z04 are my first choice but they are sometimes hard to find.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information