1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Fork Adjustment Multistrada

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by BigAlan, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Has anybody dropped the front end down on the forks on a Multistrada with Skyhook suspension?

I have done it on previous non Ducati bikes but not touched mine, possible want to add more weight over the front and hopefully dropping it down 5mm might help.

Thanks

2. I’ve recently dropped my fork yoke down. I’m very pleased with it, no wobbles and quicker in the turn.
    I then replaced the front tyre with a Metzeler M9rr and that made it even more nimble.

When you drop the yoke down the forks there are 3 very helpful lines on the forks, presumably for this very purpose. I dropped mine to the lowest line, probably about 10mm.

It’s awkward to get at the clamp release bolts without taking the fairing off but it can be done very easily if you have an 8mm ( I think) ratchet spanner and a suitable sized hex bit.

Another thing I did was put the seat riser kit back on. Therefore making me lean forward more. All small differences but I’m very pleased with the result.

I would put lower bars on if I could but they will not fit without fouling the fairing or tank.

I think you’ll be pleased if you do it.

• Useful Useful x 3
  3. I’d be a little mindful that there isn’t much weight over the rear on a DVT version (first edition) already

4. On mine with me sat on it there is plenty of weight sat on the rear, even with my modified seat.

5. I thought that and I’m probably far heavier ;)

Give it a try and see if you like it. More weight on the front may make it a little less stable at speed (which Sam says hasn’t on his so that’s good) and on slow hairpins unload the rear a little (how I know there isn’t much weight over the rear....) :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information