1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Front Pad Preference

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by martinO, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Had brilliant brakes on the old 999 wrote it off, got a new one and brakes are now adequate and like a prat never checked the old pads to see what they were but know they were 4 pads per caliper.
    So any advise on what is good as I know these standard ones aren't. Might be just old and contaminated I suppose. All views welcome.

2. I use ebc sintered HH brake pads on road and track days , seem very good so far :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Im on ebc sintered pads too, all good here!

4. Brembo SCs for me all day long. Andy

5. Have you checked your bobbins are free to move?
    Bobbins seize up over time and this will affect the efficiency of your brakes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers for the thoughts, and the advice on bobbins. Will check them later.

7. As old rider has stated the pistons do start to stick in the caliper bores with age road crud ect . A clean up can transform the feel of the brakes .
    I use std pads which are fine , friends that have ridden the 999s all comment on the brakes in a positive way , and they have mostly come from riding modern stuff .

8. For road use the standard pads are difficult to beat and don't wear the discs prematurely, I don't do track days and hate EBC HH due to a lack of feel, 1 finger braking for me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information