1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Front Stand Recommendations

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by BB1000, Feb 18, 2021.

1. I’m after a front yoke stand for my 1198. The bike has no location hole for the standard type head lift stands. As I found out after I bought one ☹️
    Any recommendations?

2. I had a similar issue on my 1299 when looking for one so settled for the Pro Bike paddock with the rollers. Works great and should be fine for front-wheel removal if that's what you're after

1299 paddock.jpg

3. it's crazy how we all adopt/get used to those "all that is available for the task" front stands like above isn't it? They are a disaster waiting to happen, but apart from opening up the existing hole/creating a hole in your forks, they are about the only easy and cheap option if, as said, you also need the option of removing front wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah this was pretty much my journey. I was a tad unsure about lifting like this, but when I saw the Ducati stands lifting with a single pin on either side at the same point I felt this was an acceptable option. Both the pins actually rest in indented sections and it actually feels incredibly stable

• Like Like x 1
  5. simple... drill a hole....just like all THE Ducati models that do have a hole, in fact is the pilot hole already there centred for you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah I’d rather not lol

7. I use this too. Works perfectly with a regular yoke front stand, and no drilling required.

125734AA-281D-4ADD-A247-B28CE0CF11CA.jpeg

A1258FEF-25FB-44CF-BD3B-7595884D004E.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. upload_2021-2-20_14-16-24.jpeg
    I use this arrangement from ABBA stands, with a bar in the wheel spindle hole for the strap. Easy to use and very secure.

9. I've used this on my 1198S - ABBA can supply a "bobbin" that fits in the rear wheel, like a rear paddock stand would. Pretty stable, but make sure the bike's in the right place in the garage before removing the front wheel...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information