1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Front Stand!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Wooly46, May 18, 2017.

1. Guys, as a newbie I'm after all the info possible! I was about to put the 998 on its front paddock stand last night (pin type that goes under the yoke) and realised there is no hole for the pin to locate too! What type of stands do you guys use for removing forks etc?
    Cheers

2. For some reason 916 series bikes don't have a hole in the yoke (other than a water drain hole).

I have an aftermarket Ohlins yoke on mine that does but there's nothing to stop you drilling a hole in there as the stem is hollow, just don't use the drain hole as a guide because it's right at the back...

3. I use 2 ratchet straps from the roof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Drilled a hole in mine, I had to cut and weld the head stand though as it wouldn't lift the bike without pushing the nose cone up. After a couple of alterations it now works fine.
    Steve

5. As above until I bought that wotsit that fits the abba stand thingy.

6. Are they worth it? I have an Abba.

7. Yes, bit fiddly but works ok. I still shove a block or a cuppa axle stands underneath. Just in case shit happens. Shit happens and I are frequent companions.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information