1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Front Stand

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Hey
    Can the T9 take a under front yoke paddock stand? I had a look and can see a small hole. Never had/used one so not sure how big hole should be.

TIA

2. Tried a few front paddock stands on my 999S,none really fitted as well as I would have liked, ended up with a cheap Motrax front stand that fitted under the fork bottoms, worked a treat.

3. No there's no hole in the standard bottom yoke.

I've got a few head stands and none of the fkrs work properly with the standard lower clamp.

You got axial or radial front brakes CR?

4. Axel. Front stand was ok, not great, and could never get front axel out even with the hose mod. Now I have fitted front crash bobins it's useless and keeps slipping off.

5. Take the yoke off and drill it out. Iirc the casting is there for a hole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Could you put a pic of the Motorax up pls?

7. Really? Remember what I did with the angle grinder!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah you're gonna need a hole CR, or a type of front stand designed for axial forks.

Those neck/head stands are great if you can make them work.

Next time you take that front axle out check it's straight, it *might* have a bend in it.

@bradders yeah there's a circular shaped depression in the casting but I've never thought about drilling it out, might give it a go on a damaged clamp and see what gives, cheers :upyeah:

9. I use under yoke on 999, theres no hole in the stem so I take the spigot out and loop a ratchet strap thru the holes in top yoke under paddock stand ‘prong’. I put a long bolt through the spigot securing clip hole so strap cant slip off end. Had the front end off a few times no problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. It comes out, but not when on the paddock stand as the axle won't clear the prongs on the stand. It's a well known PITA.

11. Yeah taking the front wheel out with a stand that goes under the fork bottom is always gonna be ass.

For that job I use a front stand with L-shaped rubber blocks, it's still complete ass but you wouldn't have the prong problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah, maybe that's what I need.

13. Check under the fork legs as I think there are holes and you can get a stand with a pin that goes in the holes. Way better than the cup ones

14. I just checked a set of 999 axials, yep they do have holes mate - much better! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. No problem using a front paddock stand (with rubber coated lift arms) for front wheel changes with my 999. The trick is to remove the pinch bolts before employing the stand.

16. Yeah also better taking the calipers off with the wheel on the ground too, those sort of stands can get a bit unstable with side force

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. @Cream_Revenge yeah look for the pin type front stand that @bradders mentioned, it won't slip like the other type.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information