1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Fs: 2001 Ducati 748rs

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by sb748, Sep 25, 2017.

1. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Stunning, never raced, hardly if ever ridden 2001 Ducati 748RS. This is the later version, with full Ohlins, Magnetti Marelli Digital Dash. Painted in Ducati Red in traditional paint scheme. Original tires still have the rubber nubs. This is an unmolested example, with all original parts, for example the clutch cover, which seems to be one of the first things to get switched out. All carbon pieces are MS Production with the associated Ducati Corse markings intact. RS specific Termignoni, dual core radiator etc. Please pm me if you need further details or require additional information, pictures etc.
    Asking $30,000 USD, bike is located in the US, offers entertained.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The photos don't do it justice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I wish you the best of luck with the sale in the US. The market in the UK would appear not to be strong enough at the moment to support your asking price based on recent offerings on this side of the pond. The lack of association with a known team or rider tends to hold it back for the collector here as well. I've run an RS engine in a track bike for a couple of years now and parts, especially 19mm belts, are becoming more and more difficult (and costly) to find. Shame really because they are awesome bikes to ride. Andy

#3 Android853sp, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. One of my favourite bikes! I'd love to buy one. But as mentioned far too rich for over here, one went last week for £15000.

5. Thought Ducati's were cheaper in the USA too - but he is open to offers :)

6. Thanks for your words. To start, this is an asking price, I have learned once a price is set it is quite easy to go down in price, and considerably more difficult to up the price. I totally agree that it does lack provenance, however this is a chance at one of the better examples that may exist today, perhaps an opportunity for a collector who wants an amazing pristine RS. I realize the market is a bit stronger across the way, so you can't blame a bloke for trying. Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  7. No criticism meant or intended so I apologise if that's how it came across. Sadly I'm a victim totally immersed in my Ducatis and lucky to have and enjoy a little exotica alongside my Multistrada. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. No criticism meant or intended so I apologise if that's how it came across. Sadly I'm a victim totally immersed in my Ducatis and lucky to have and enjoy a little exotica alongside my Multistrada. Andy

No worries, no offense taken, my intent was to clarify where I was coming from. But thank you for post!

9. When the dollar goes back to 2:1 vs the pound, it will be different lol

Glws. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Good to know it's going back there - do you know when :) :upyeah:

11. Well, depends when Trump has to rinse a bit more Russian money...Jan 2018 :punch:

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG Here are some better images, I think!

• Like Like x 3
  13. One of my favourite ever Ducatis. Hope it goes to a good home, preferably one where it gets the occasional track run out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Replied to pm

15. Reasonable offers considered

16. God I want this bike :sob: !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hey all, In the spirit of transparency, here's the story. Yes I have had this bike on Ducati.ms for quite some time. With little to no action on the bike here in the US, I saw the market was stronger in the UK. So I simply placed the ad here, albeit with a high price, basically knowing it would not be sold at that price but also leave me some room to negotiate. No plot, I think others in the same boat might do the same. Just trying to sell the bike, not create controversy.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information