1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS soon... 2v & 4v stainless steel head stud "D" washers :)

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by 470four, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Hi all,

As above - making a batch each (8 off) of 2v (25mm dia.) and 4v (22mm dia.) "D" head washers to replace your "plated" steel washers should you embark on a rebuild anytime soon?

Made a set for my SS many months back, the original washers - especially the horiz.pot - had rusted to such a state of crustiness they looked like something dug from the garden...:eek:

Circumstance dictates these will be the only ones I will be cutting. Price & pics to follow. :wink:

2. I'm interested in some for my Super Pantah project and a case saver for a 750SS motor :upyeah:

3. Superb! Would be glad to! :upyeah:

4. is this why you were looking for 2mm thick stainless washers a while back?

5. Maybe... :wink: Still haven't found any, which is strange because that is what I used to make mine back in 2011??

6. They could easily be done with a CNC machine because the set-up is simple enough, therefore they shouldn't cost too much if you can find a friendly engineer.......Mine has disappeared for some unknown reason, otherwise I would get him to do them for you.

AL

7. [​IMG]

:smile:

Am halfway through making your saver, Nick.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Can I lend you a round file? :wink:

PS...can I buy the filings?

AL

• Like Like x 2
  9. Patience on the filings, have nearly filled a kilo bag, will do you a good price. :upyeah:

10. If they were aluminium filings you could sell them to Al Q***da.......the stuff makes a good b*mb.

AL

11. Who is this namesake of yours?? You are keeping bad company! :wink:

12. Wrong.........I'm AL-KY DA........

PS....Wanna buy some sand.......or some camel poo?

13. Al Beegbomb Ridacamel. :biggrin:

Rumbled... this is why you are up til the early hours, hacking MI5 etc... always had you down as a wrong 'un.

14. Hi Darren l take you are feeling better now
    kettle on as always
    Steve B

15. Good days, bad days... Will pop over tomorrow if I get 5 mins. :smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information