1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Fuel Gauge

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ynot, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Fuel gauge failed on my 2018 Enduro, sender unit was replaced a couple of weeks ago, when i collected the bike from the dealer the gauge showed approx. half a tank which i assumed was about right given the milage / amount of fuel i had put in. This morning was the first time I've used the bike since so went to the station & brim filled the tank...... & ...... you've guessed it the gauge still doesn't work. it still shows approx half a tank. Have tried powering the bike up & down several times.
    Been for a short trip ( 15miles) but still the same. Any suggestions greatly received, before its another trip to the dealer.

2. Ive got the same problem. Not had mine fixed yet. Currently using the trip to measure approx fuel left. Sounds like this is a common problem.

3. Yeah mine went at 35,000m right at two years.
    Replaced under warranty.
    I try to use only Chevron gas.

4. Been back to the dealer again, tank drained & software reset. currently showing approx 3/4 full on the gauge, dealer has said to run the tank as low as possible before filling up again as they believe it will then correctly read the amount of fuel in the tank ...... we'll see !!

5. What is the part number of the fuel sender unit in your bike? With the seat off, you can read the number on the white label stuck to the sender cable.

Take a note of the part number, and if a replacement sender has to be fitted you will be able to tell if it is the same part or a new improved part. And mention it if you post on here.

Without the part numbers, you (and we) just have no idea what is going on.

6. Need mine sorting.... :(

7. Ducati have gone thru 6 versions of the fuel sender unit!!!! The latest is revision "F" as I just replaced mine on the 2016 (at 7500 miles!) and it was replaced under warranty over two years ago. My "low fuel" light comes on at roughly 50 miles range left per dash but when I fill it up, it takes 3.2 to 3.4 US gallons. The trip meter usually shows 125 to 140 miles traveled so the algorithm used may require an empty tank to "calibrate".......

8. Mine just fixed under warranty

Do Not Sell My Personal Information