1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Pump Connector

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RickyX, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I am in the process of repairing my fuel pump using a wiring kit from Stein Dinse.
    The kit is for an ST4 and needs modifying to use on my 749 by adding an additional wire into the connector that connects to the fuel pump itself.

DE9DFFFF-C885-4B6A-BAB9-AB8A9DBD94E5.jpeg

I want to get a new connector and crimp the additional black wire into the spade terminal to replicate the way it is done on the OEM wiring.
    I have found a place that sells these connectors but they have a flat fee for postage of £12.50 which is ridiculous as the connector is only 6 quid or so (again a bit pricey for what it is).
    https://www.protecfuelpumps.com/pro...tor-340-series-connector-including-terminals/
    80605388-7980-481A-BAD7-FA5006687E4F.jpeg

Does anybody know where I can get one of these at a more reasonable price please?
    Thanks.

2. 6.3mm terminal by the look of it.
    Have a check and if it is, I've got a bag full of them Richard, we can just de-pin the and re-crimp :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. I can measure it up and take pics if that would help?

4. I'm sure it's 6.3mm Richard. Let me look at my fuel pump and fit one on the terminal to see.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Not sure if you intend to crimp the wires into the new terminal, or solder.
    I have a crimp tool, and am happy to assist with soldering if required mate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. If I can get a new connector spade or two from @Sev then I will crimp the wires. I have a fairly good crimp tool so that should do it I reckon.

7. @Sev if you have access to a fuel pump assembly that's already out of a tank, can you take a look at the way the pressure regulator attaches to the black shroud.
    There's a white bit on the side with a little spigot on it that ocates near a hole in the shroud. The spigot and the hole don't appear to physically connect though - there's a gap of a couple of mm.
    Could you take a look and see if anything bridges the gap.
    Close up pics below.
    IMG_20200928_171731.jpg IMG_20200928_171724.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information