1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Fuel Pump Electrical Connector

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by xander296, Jun 4, 2021.

1. How do you get the wires out of the electrical block connector that goes to the fuel pump?

Thanks

2. I did, but I replaced the whole wiring assembly rather than taking the wires out of the existing assembly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You have to dig out the wires, look at the post "opened up a can of worms" i think i put a photo in there where i had to fix the wires

4. Hi I mean from the ekecricsl connector block

20210607_162007.jpg

5. Thankyou, can anyone help with the wiring, bought a new kit to fix the broken wires in the epoxy part, but the kit has red black, got them the fuel pump primes now then a white and a blue my original had another black and a white, I take it this is the fuel level so would blue be my black?

#6 xander296, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  6. What kit did you get?
    Check on the wiring diagram in the manual?

7. Mine first then the kit

20210607_162007.jpg

20210607_161945.jpg

8. The eBay kit appears to be sold by Exactstart - this is @exige formerly of this parish. He can be found on the other channel. Perhaps he can tell you the answer.

When I used the Stein Dinse kit (which cost less than the eBay kit you have and already had the Amp connector and resin plug) I traced the wires to the components on the pump and the pin numbers on the Amp super seal connector and compared to the wiring diagram in my workshop manual.

9. Yeh I have contacted him, but he's asking the American supplier but no answer back yet getting a bit frustrated

10. If its the fuel level which it must be as the pump is working fine, does anyone know I thats a resistor or a switch? In the tank?

11. I don't know about your model , but on the 748 / 916 bikes , the fuel level sensor is a tube with a float inside ,
    which works a simple variable resistor .
    As the fuel level drops , the resistance increases .

Hope that's some help ....:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Can anyone look to see if they have the blue and white wires and which number on the conector they plug into? Please

13. Found that gonna go with that if it matches my harness end Screenshot_20210610-121536_Gallery.jpg

14. Thanks cant blow anything up then hopefully

15. I’d repair the one I had from my tank at that price using the other that’s known to work in the interim. Seems that they aren’t soldered correctly then covered up with gunk, first the owner knows is an intermittent fault.

In all likely hood they using the same supplier Ducati use?

16. #20 RickyX, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information