1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Pump Relay?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RickyX, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Went to start my MonsterM1100S today, first time in a while.
    Pressed the starter and the battery was pretty dead so it just went “click”.
    When I sighed and turned the ignition off I was surprised to hear the fuel pump running. Removed the key and it continued to run.
    Had to go through the hassle of removing one million small screws to get the tank off and disconnect the battery.
    Question: is it likely to be the pump relay? If so, does anyone know where it is located?

Cheers.

2. Have you tried pulling the fuse first, that might re-set the relay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Fuel pump fuse

4. There is no "fuel pump" relay on the M1100S..the only relays listed in the workshop manual are "Injection System" relays so I reckon they do the same sort of thing.

Part number is 541.4.007.1A - can somebody point me to a suitable alternative off that there internet please.

upload_2019-2-18_14-58-34.png

5. The injection relay powers the fuel pump. It's the one with brown/brown&white cables connected to it.
    Genuine relays are about a fiver, there may be a link on here to ebay or such like? They're pretty universal across the bikes now. Same one as the infamous 749/999 injection relay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information