1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Fuel Range?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by MotoNik, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Hi Folks,

Just wondering what sort of range you're getting? I won a competition to borrow a Diavel for a couple of weeks and I'll be off to the Alps on it next week. Just want to get an idea of what sort of distances I'll be doing between stops...

Thanks!

Nik

2. I generally ride quite hard when touring and tend to start looking for fuel around the 120 mile mark. (Gen 2)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. On my Gen 1 I've had 162 miles out of a tank, that gave an mpg of 43.9 (or 9.7 mpl) and I put in 16.18 litres of fuel, I think the tank holds 17, and yes this was riding like a Nun on her last three points...maybe….the Gen 1 has a 4 litre reserve.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. A Nun riding a Diavel, that's quite a funny image!!

I don't typically ride like a nun, but my 1200 Monster tends to average 45mpg or so, sometimes down to 40 if I'm being daft. I think the tank on that is 18 litres, and I usually get around 130-140 miles before the light comes on. So I guess a tiny bit less on the Diavel.

5. Did an IAM observed ride of around 95 miles over a mixture of A, B & C class roads. Gen 1 (Rexxer re-mapped) Diavel, tank took 10 litres to refill afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think you can take my figure of 120 miles as a minimum guide. I never leave it until the fuel light comes on before looking for fuel. When it hits one bar, I start looking as I couldn't bear the thought of pushing that lump anywhere!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Oh, it has a fuel gauge, result! I had one on my Multistrada, but my Monster doesn't - kind of miss it.

Thanks folks! I'll report my findings - should be arriving later today!

8. Fuel guage! Yes - problem solved! . My goal is to ride mine around the Alps one day! The rear seat has loops under it that can be twisted out to attach Kriega bags or rok straps to hold a dry bag if you need it - very useful for the trip. Look forward to hearing about it. Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks!

I have some Oxford throw-overs and a dry bag for my tent and sleeping bag. Should be fine - the back seat is bigger than my Monster, so I reckon it'll be pretty good. Hoping to do Austria, Italy, and Switzerland, and if I'm lucky I'll fit in a trip to the Nurburgring on the way back!

10. Diavel flat out on the Nurburgring! Fantastic. I think you will be surprised with the handling on the track once you are used to the bike. Up the rear preload a bit so you are not scraping the exhaust!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Will do, thanks! Can't wait to try it - I've been really eager to ride a Diavel for ages.

12. My tip would be to make sure the tyre pressures are spot on. Gen 1 is 2.5 bar front & rear for a solo rider.
    Tried one with tyres that were only slightly under-inflated & the handling felt somewhat off!

I also rode one with the preload set too hard (had been set for a much heavier rider) & this made the bike very stiff & susceptible to uneven road surfaces. Shouldn't be too much of an issue if the Nurburgring has a smooth surface.

Enjoy, and post some pics! Video from the Ring would be even better!! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes - agree with Rudolph. Also make sure the suspension settings (as per the manual) are set up for your preferences. Ask them to do it before you collect as it will make all the difference to you thinking the handling is either superb or rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The bike is being loaned to me from Ducati UK - I won the use of it for two weeks in a competition on the Bike Channel. Supposed to be delivered today...

Planning to do a little shake-down from Devon to the Isle of Wight tomorrow. That should give me a better idea of what the suspension is up to. I'll check the tyre pressures first too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. So how did you get on?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

16. I did see bike world were giving away a summer with a Diavel. I missed your post on here at the time. I'll read in a wee while as it's quiet on shift tonight. Like the bike?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

17. It was great! Big old girl compared to my Monster, but surprised me how well it handled. Pretty comfy, although being 6'2" it eventually got my lower back - the riding position doesn't really lend itself to 500 mile days, although the seat is super comfy. I did 3500 miles in two weeks, including 2600 miles on the trip itself, and I was sad to give the bike back. Would love one with Ohlins and a much higher seat...!

Weirdly Bike World haven't contacted me since, or done anything with the (probably questionable!) footage I filmed.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information