1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Fuel Sensor Fail

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nigeleeezzzz, Mar 31, 2021.

1. The fuel sensor on my 2013 Multi has gone west. Looking on here it’s a common fault but if I’m ever wanting sell her I’ll need to replace it. Anyone able to point me in the direction of where I can buy a new one? I’ve trawled the net and can only find them second hand on flea bay.
    Thanks

2. You can buy them from a Ducati dealership, in general Moto Rapido are very efficient on the spare parts side. IIRC it’s about £80? I have had 3 and the newest variant is supposed to be much more reliable??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Went out to the garage today and switched on the Multi, the fuel sensor was working again! Guess I'll just keep with it and see if it goes again. Could it be a faulty connection?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Don't want to be a harbinger of doom, but I think it'll be screwed. The sword of damaclese swings. X

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Don't worry, straight swap. If you know how to get your plastics and tank off ti's lemon squeezy.

6. Mine is on the blink too, on DVT though. Once they start to misbehave they’re not going to get better on their own, are they.

I’ll have to order another. No point putting a second hand one in, it’ll just go before long as well.

7. I broke a valve putting air in the tyre, I’ve got more chance of seeing God than replacing a fuel sensor :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have a 2013s also. Have small workshop in leeds. Happy to walk you through it. Favour to forum member. Im so bored, been on furlough for 13 months so far. Ha. Teach a man to fish and all that. Cos you'll probably have to have tank off again.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Take about an hr. I like red wine.

10. Well the good news is the latest variant is supposedly improved, the bad news is that’s on the say so of a Ducati dealership so I have no evidence to support this at all, just saying.

11. Well I’m going to have to do it anyway, so only time will tell.

12. When ordering it might be worth checking it’s the latest edition you are getting incase a dealership has old stock?

13. I'd get it off and never get it back on again! :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information