1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Fuel Tank Quick Discconect Details

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Old Jock, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Anybody got pictures or dimensions of the tank quick disconnect on a 1098

When I had to break the original I found it a real PIA to the point of I was afraid I'd bust the dammed thing trying to get it to disengage

I have been told by a guy I know that he's found a source for metal disconnects of superior quality but I need to get him some details of the disconnect used on the bike to see if any of his range might be suitable

As I won't be taking the tank off for around a month I just wondered if anybody had some pictures of it or better still some dimensions

2. No dimensions but the original part is 814.4.010.1A and ironically for you called “quick coupling union”.

3. I've seen the metal QR fittings for the 996 type of fuel connectors, think they are available from triumph??
    The 1098 is different and I'm not sure a metal connector would work. Easily replaced and nowhere near as expensive as the CPC type.

4. you are right Neil, @Dukedesmo has posted several times about the Triumph (steel) replacement route which is an improvement, didn't know 1098 was different until now.

5. Actually I think that Triumph use a different thread for the in-tank female fitting? A UK, BSP thread rather than the US, NPT thread that Ducati use, although the male fitting on the hose should be the same.

Get them from; https://www.tom-parker.co.uk/

6. Thank you all I need to look into it all in a bit more detail

@Dukedesmo & @nelly great info the link to Tom-Parker is an ace find

John

7. the post I remember was concerning the remote, in-hose coupling replacements not the threaded couplings.

8. Push comes to shove, I'm pretty sure I have a pair in amongst the bits box. If you are not in a hurry, I'll look when I get back from Cartagena at the weekend. Andy

9. Andy (@Android853sp )

No screaming rush so let me know grateful for any help I can get

John

10. Jock , I would need some if you work it out

11. Yeah no problem that's what forums are for & that's why I posted, some help me, maybe I can help others

If I get a solution I'd post up links or details of seller, I'm not on here to make any money whatsoever and as I've let my subs lapse El T would roast me if I did

I'll get back around to subscribing I promised, just a lot going on right now

John

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. need Orings to be viton or nitrile? need to be rated for petrol, work (seal) at low pressures , be smaller than air fittings, and metal??sliding plate lock, rather than ball bearing locK, (too big)

connect2.JPG

Capture.JPG

connect1.JPG
    Any of these, but only resellers, not manufacturers

#12 breakout998, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Get spare o-rings too Jock. Ive managed to split a couple snagging them on reconnection. With the resultant of it pissing fuel everywhere.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. smear of rubber grease makes things go together easier and damaging on re -connection less likely.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No-one likes a show-off John. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information