1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fueling Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anthony bellars, May 2, 2020.

1. Hello , my 998s has a issue. Ive posted before about it but would like your thoughts again. It starts and ticks over fine and when under load ( accelerating) it pulls like a horse but anywhere else it sounds like it missing. When stationery with fairing off , if you hold engine anything over 2000rpm and pull vertical cyclinder HT lead off when running it makes very little difference to engine sound and running where's if you remove horizontal HT lead engine will cut out. This is a on going issue ive had but no mechanic can correct it. Would fitting a dyo power commander cure this as ive been told by many its a Fueling issue. Was told by one bike shop a used ECU was fitted but i have no proof of that . I live west midlands so any recommendations of a trusted bike shop or mechanic would be good many thank Tony

2. Anthony, as said in the first thread on this you need to sort out the root cause of the problem before anything else and some very knowledgeable people suggested getting it to a dyno first of all.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/vertical-cyclinder-problem.76991/page-2

I think if you simply buy and fit a power commander you’ll possibly be spending money unnecessarily and there’s no guarantee it’ll cure your problem.

There are these guys in Meriden, a relatively short trip round the M42 from Bridgenorth

http://www.roadandraceperformance.co.uk/

Or these guys in Walsall Wood

https://shireoakmotorcycles.com/performance-tuning/

You never know but they may be open and working by practicing social distancing; it could be an essential repair after all.

Let us know how you get on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. It's not good to pull an HT lead with the engine running. It can potentialy cause insulation breakdown upstream, i.e. in the coil.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Hmm, Tony, are you having some user issues quoting or replying? HTH

6. Don't know what happened there , my reply should of said thankyou very much I will contact one of them and get it booked in , do appreciate your reply many thanks

• Like Like x 2
  7. Keep us posted as to how you get on please, it’s always of interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hello all just thought I would update you on bike which was finally fix last week . Over the last few years its been to nearly every bike garage within 100miles of Bridgnorth including Road & race and Shireoak Ducati coventry, Ducati Worcester to name just a few . Finally took it to a place called Louigi moto in Bath , what a place , after checking / setting throttle bodies , checking copmpression of bores and fuel pressure they bench ran it twith tank off to find it was a breaking down fuel injector which got worse when hot . Bike is perfect now so I highly recommend these guys at louigi moto , full of knowledge and experience on this generation of Ducatis and probably beyond , happy days

• Like Like x 6
  9. Louigi knows his stuff!:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hooray, well done and thanks for the update :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I've not used Louigi Moto but have heard good things about them, and glad you're sorted.:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information