1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fueling Module For 796

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Regenwulf, Oct 24, 2018.

1. My 796 is a lovely thing, but runs pretty crap.

It came with an SC Project GP Evo twin can exhaust which looks great and sounds barking (in every sense). It has the corresponding SC P A/F mix regulator allowing variation from 1 to 9.

However, it has always (since I bought it second hand) run rough:
    1. It backfires like a b@stard;
    2. It sounds irregular;
    3. It occasionally putts out when coming to a halt;
    4. The right exhaust can, fed from the front cylinder, is never as hot as the left (top cylinder) - often quite cool in fact.

It's had new plugs as part of a service recently, as well as new belts etc, but still runs the same. I discovered a leak in a joint on the pipe with gases escaping, which would explain the backfiring. I took it apart and reassembled with sealing paste. I can't now feel any gas escaping (which isn't certain of course) but the backfiring is reduced.

The plugs are white suggesting it is running much too lean.

SCP themselves suggested the AF mix regulator be set to 8/9 when running without baffles, which is what I've done. My local workshop has suggested a power commander and some dyno time to set it up properly. They also thought that the exhaust didn't fit terribly well.

Questions:
    1. Generally, any brilliant ideas as to what to try to sort this out?
    2. Best way to seal up an exhaust system (magic sealing products etc)?
    3. If I go for a fueling module, has anyone experience of these on an aircooled hyper or Monster? Rapid Bike is popular on Panis, although dynojet are I guess the market leaders still. Bazzazz popular too. Any thoughts or preferences amongst those?

Cheers all,

jm

2. I put a rapid bike setup on my 796 with modded airbox,arrow headders and zard penta can,it sorted out the lean running.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information