1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Full Akrapovic And Insurance

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JAT, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Hello, I’m getting my 1299 Panigale next week and she has the full Akra system fitted. Can anyone tell me the power increase as my insurance needs to know? Cheers

2. More that 5% should be on the wedsite

3. I happy to be shot down, but I think no more than 4-5 bhp with the remap that comes with the exhaust. Depending on where you're getting the bike from, I'm sure the parts or workshop guys/girls will be happy to guide you.

4. Is not the full Akra system for ‘race’ only? Possibly an offence also under ‘construction and use’ if no catalytic converter fitted either. But then if insurance don’t ask material questions then fine. Bike emissions not tested on MOT so no problems with that.

5. His exhaust comes without the 'race use only' which seems to have been either accidentally rubbed off with wet-n-dry. Or just didn't come with it & has an unsightly blemish from some weird scuffs in that zone.

4-5bhp extra

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  6. They're pretty crap gains. Call me a cynic but do think Akra/Ducati have cooked these feeble gains between themselves? Based on the lower the performance gains the safer tune- so to speak. Or am I talking bollox? Again :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. i was told or read somewhere 7bhp which is less than 5 %

8. It doesn't matter, it's powerful enough. Full system will sound better, smooth the bike, increase torque, and whether you see more or less, 5% keeps your insurance company happy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. True. It's not like they're slow bikes.

10. Yes for sure, as well as dropping a shit load of weight.

#10 able duc, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information