1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Full Akrapovic

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by James85, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Been speaking to performance Ltd regarding the full system. They say the bike won’t need the fuelling adjusted if a full system is fittted. I would have assumed it would run lean if not mapped. Obviously termi systems come with an upmap for a reason. Anyone have experience with this??

2. Just checked at work and the Termignoni full system for the 1260 bought through a Ducati main dealer is supplied with an upmap. Andy

3. Exactly.. but akrapovic are insisting it bolts straight on

4. Isnt the whole point of latest ECU and DVT that it maps itself on the fly and adjust according, hence no one has yet been able to custom map one, only the Ducati standard up map which is one size fits all?

5. If that was the case, then they would not be a special map for a termi Exhaust? or is an UPMAP something different, or an add on, but then 3rd party re mappers would also be able to add on / update.

6. Suspect it will change fuelling, to compensate for lack of butterfly and cat.

7. Another option is to fit the Rapid Bike middle that self adjusts the fuelling???

8. Just looking at their web site and only the end can states plug and play. The headers are not EU compliant and annoyingly there is no detail if you buy both. Andy

9. The ecu selfadjusts at low load/rpm using a narrow band lambda. WOT tables are hardcoded and not self adjusting hence a remap is usefull for a full system. Bike will probably run just as good as stock or maybe even a bit better with no tune, but a final tune will improve it even more. Note, stock bikes are mapped overly safe to be able to run in all conditions (from Sahara to the poles and in high altitudes) and on all bikes given production tolerances. Fine tuning a bike almost always result in nice gains as the tuner can adjust the levels for the spesific bike and its components.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. The termi upmap turned my bike from a jerky on off piece of excrement to a snarning beast. It pops bangs on downshift & blackens the rear of my reg plate. Strangely though it still returns over 50 miles to the uk gallon. Do not believe the bit about it will run fine without remap. They are selling you crap.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think it would need mapping after a full-race exhaust has been added. But they are 'just' selling the exhaust part of the deal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Latest email from the UK supplier. F3401EA2-84DC-41FB-ADA8-7C85AB65D409.png

13. I had the full Akra system on my 2015 DVT for 5000 miles which included a 3000 mile European trip, and there were no issues with fuelling, it sounded and looked beautiful, far superior to the Termi system IMO. I purchased the DucEE to solve the exhaust valve being missing, although there is a solution supplied with the system. There are a lot of people making assumptions and "guessing" whether a remap is required, it isn't. I think the "upmap" supplied with the Termi simply does away with the exhaust valve, and does nothing to the performance, as dyno runs have proved.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. A very interesting reply, thanks mate

15. I have Akra headers and Akra Trapezoidal slip-on on 1260 PP for 3,000 km now. Don't feel that the bike needs any remapping, runs great! I have no doubts that it would benefit from a proper mapping, but that applies to all bikes, with or without full exhaust.
    I bought DucEE, hoping I could get rid of an exhaust valve motor completely, but apparently it's impossible without disassembling the whole rear frame of the bike. So I ended up just using Akra solution (aluminum sleeve over the end of the cable). Very simple and works perfectly.

16. Any photos of the exhaust fitted? Also do you experience and lean deceleration pops??

17. This makes sense and I hope you're right!

I'm currently running a V4S with the full Termignoni Uscite system. Up to now termi have not released an UpMap for this system. I've emailed them regarding this and quick as a flash, I heard fuck all. They are Italian after all. I have an engine management light on the dash but as you say, probably related directly to OE exhaust internals. I expect the UpMap will reset the engine management light. That's it.

When the reputable tuners like Moto Rapido get their heads round the multiple ECU's I'll approach them about a custom remap :upyeah:

18. I’ve spoken to Moto Rapido... they haven’t cracked a 1260 multi ecu yet and have no intention as the termi comes with an upmap.

19. Absolutely believe you..... But let's revisit them in 6 months.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pops on deceleration have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with an engine running lean!!!
    Popping on deceleration is due to unburnt fuel being ignited in the exhaust. The reason you do not hear this on a bike with a stock exhaust is due to the baffling of the stock exhaust. Yes with open exhaust system it's more noticeable, but again - there is no correlation between popping and lean A/F.
    Here's a couple of pics, I'll upload better ones when I take the bike out

IMG_20180824_110708.jpg

IMG_20180824_110659.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information