1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Full Race Akra Same On S And R

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Chillo, Mar 21, 2019.

1. guys,
    After some advice from those of you in the know!
    Is the full race Akra physically the same on S and the R?
    Understand they will have a different part numbers. Just that it appears at the moment that my dealer has fitted a full race Akra that was originally for an S on my R which I’m collecting on Saturday.
    They’ve had this in stock since Christmas I believe after I confirmed my order last year for the R.
    I don’t mind just as long as it’s physically the same!
    They have got S fairing lowers (no corse decals) which I have asked them to take off and refit the oem R lowers and order the R specific ones with the corse decals.

2. I understand that the physical exhaust is the same but there are a couple of extra fixings in the kit or the V4R. The latest race exhaust kit is also being delivered with different baffles. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting. I did specifically ask this question a while back and was told no basically. The V4R and V4S will not be interchangeable. I'd be happy if it's bollox :)

4. Good to hear! Thanks for confirming.
    What are the different fixings?

5. They come in their own little plastic bag in the box and looked like a couple of small brackets with associated nuts, bolts and washers. It certainly wasn’t much. It would also seem that the latest deliveries of the race exhausts come packed with fixings for both V4 models. I would also request the new baffles from your dealer because all new stock comes with them in the box. Andy

6. Same part number across all the V4 bikes, R included.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. That'll do me matey:):upyeah:

8. So, my word wasn’t good enough ? You can go off people you know :sob: :joy: Andy

9. Sure it was, just nice to have it hammered home :):upyeah:

10. Question for the more knowledgeable chaps on the forum.
    Is it normal to have the same system on a milder tune engine with 1100cc as on a highly tunned 1000cc bike? I assume starting from back pressure, gas temperature, valve openning times and f'ck knows what else there must be a lot of differences.
    I am not saying they won't work, but would it be the optimal solution? at the end of the day what is the point of a race system.

11. Ooooh, that's a good one! But I'd guess the gas flow from each bank is similar between the V4 and V4R as they have reasonably close power outputs. Basing my logic on Power= fuel/air burn't in given time... @nelly ... he'll know...;)

At the end of the day, a race system is to aid an engines exhalation, better gas flow.

12. IMO, from a very recent article in bikesportnews.com, the Ackrapovic ‘race’ system doesn’t meet UK noise limits for BSB so is unlikely to be used for proper racing which is where any of the differences you raise could make any difference. I for one am very unlikely to be riding my V4S in the stratospheric region of the rev band. Andy

13. Is the latest deliveries of the race exhaust different to the earlier ones? I've heard the back box maybe different to accommodate the larger baffle?

14. There are no physical differences between the end cans delivered last year and the latest deliveries. The new baffles are plug and play. The long run exhaust has an extended baffle that most would recognise that replaces the current excuse of a baffle in the end of the can. The shorter run adds a conical shaped strainer in the front of the end can and compliments the current excuse of a baffle which is retained. Andy

15. Your not getting some old tech are you Si

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. The system is the same part but once it’s allocated to a VIN, then it can’t be removed and then swapped onto another VIN.

So for example, you can’t take a full Akra that you currently have fitted on your V4S and swap it onto your new V4R.

The manifolds are the same and the rest of the fitting to the bike is the same but when connected to the diagnostic, the ECU in the bike selects a pre-existing different fuel map suitable for the pipe.

So don’t worry, pipe is awesome and not old tech. Chances are it was developed with the R in mind in the first place. Saves a truck load of weight as you delete a lot of stuff as well as the CAT and you’re away with that power up and lovely sound.

I’m having one on mine. Can’t wait.

Mart

• Like Like x 3
  17. Alright mate!

Interesting. I don't like the idea but interesting all the same. So the Akrapovic system comes with a blanket remap (via VIN) tailored for either a V4 or a V4R? So the system stays with the bike for life or can it be interchanged between same models (V4R, V4S, V4)??

Has anyone sussed out those ECU's yet so that a decent custom map can be loaded? That should cancel out all this VIN nonsense. I know that it might impact warranty but hey ho... I've probably ridden a coach and horses over my warranty anyway by fitting the Termignoni Uscite and cheeky upmap. I'm not sure... Sounds fekkin great though, I must say! Have you heard one? And none of those puffy baffles... :laughing::upyeah:

18. These were on Michele Pirro's bike at the weekend in Misano. The wheelbarrow is back!

55908437_2570045036356375_210522567952302080_o.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Like that a lot :upyeah:

Wonder if it will become available with an UpMap??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information