1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Full Respray Inspiration

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by J8YDOG, Feb 22, 2021.

1. So I am having my already very tidy 1098s fully resprayed to make it as perfect as I can. The tank/ sides and belly I’m planning to do standard in red with original decals. Currently my bike has white number board stickers (1098r esq).

I’m after inspiration to do something different or even to cement my current plan of a nod to 1098r with some slight changes to design (similar to the current look).

anyone have any pics/ suggestions? Attached is the bike before paint, which is similar to my current plan.

66356C49-0CEF-4FC5-845C-338E5F0E6CA5.jpeg

7F013554-311A-47F0-BDC6-6B9880A139B9.jpeg

60DFDD45-B0A8-42BD-B03E-D07EA31D476B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. nice skip

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Thought it would be well received:bucktooth:

4. FWIW my 1198S has "1098R-alike" white number boards front and rear like yours, and it's one of the few things I don't particularly like about the bike. The work was done by the previous owner and it's been done very well - painted, not stuck on. Trouble is, I know it's not an 1098R... Each to their own though!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the input. It’s pretty much that reason why I want to do something different but I haven’t seen anything else that takes my fancy. I don’t want it to look like a race rep and always prefer OEM looks. I’ve never had any of my bikes painted before and am tempted to do something other than all red. Panels are already with the painter but he has a back log so I’ve got a couple of weeks to decide.

Got any pics of your “S” with the “R” type paint? Seeing a well painted version may help my decision.

6. Fords Dunton by any chance,
    Who's doing your paint job, anyone local,

7. Yes mate - where I work. We (normally) do an annual car and bike show- ever been?
    Paint is being done by Gary at spray point - now cold norton way but used to be Southend. He done my dads 916 tank a few years back and it’s perfect- so that’s why I’m using him.
    He’s done a few bits for other people I know and they have all said good things.

8. Gary did a Kh250 i had and also done work on mates bikes and yes he's very good, I've not been to his new place yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great to have another recommendation thanks!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information