1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Termi Mot

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by rdun, Jan 28, 2018.

1. So the time has come where I have to arrange my Hyper 821 SP first MOT. Problem is the bike came with the full Termi race system but not the standard exhaust or even the removable baffle :confused:

I knew all this at the time I bought it but I didn’t care as I really wanted the bike :cool::punch:

It appears the rules require testers to check for unacceptable markings. Which I’m pretty sure “for race use only” qualifies as unacceptable!

Has anyone had any issues with this exhaust passing an MOT?

https://www.mot-testing.service.gov.uk/documents/manuals/m1s07000101.htm

2. does the exhaust actually say not for road use ?

3. 03ACB3B4-3EA1-480B-9CFE-557B4B583BE5.jpeg AC796E9E-3EA2-40FD-B388-CFF6AF6D0BE9.jpeg It certainly does :(

4. I guess the one chatting about US Federal Law and all that doesn’t matter. Maybe I cover the other with little sticker or something :bucktooth:

5. hmm ,any harley dealers near you that do mots?

6. Haha yes actually but... it is also a Ducati dealer. I called them on Friday to discuss a service and MOT and they said they would fail it if the exhaust had ‘not for road use’ markings on it.

7. Thats harsh. The Termi's that Ducati sell are for race only according to the website. Loads of 899's have them fitted and they seem to get through the MOT's without hassle...

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 18.53.34.png

8. Exactly! Ducati fit the exhaust as an option from new even though it’s not for road use.

I’ll call a few local independents tomorrow and see what they say. There are definitely louder exhausts out on the road!

9. i would think that all the places you ring would "say" the same as they don't know if you are somebody from dvsa trying to set them up.

10. Yeah fair point.

There are a few biker guys at work so I’ll see where they take their bikes.

Worst case, I’ve found a full standard system on eBay for £200

11. put a sticker over it and don't mention it, my termi 's have no baffles in it and noise is not a criteria for mot apparently, so has not been an issue at last 2 mot, so if they can't see the markings, you should be fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. what the hells a 'peoduct'? strange from a major exhaust manufacturer,
    if you got it from a dealer, let them mot it.
    if private, just take it to a small independent test station, not many will care, as you 'could have fitted it after the mot' anyway.

13. Get some wet-n-dry paper & scrub the offending text off'

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Storm in a tea cup I reckon. Personally I’d keep quiet and take it for its MOT, if an issue flags up (which im sure it won’t) I’m sure it can be sorted easily

15. There are at least 2 spelling mistakes. Does anyone else have the same system and markings?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Thanks for the advice. I’ll just take it somewhere local and hope for the best.

17. Best of luck. Let us know how you get on. :upyeah:

18. Put a sticker over it

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mine has passed twice with unbaffled termis, and its well loud. However, it may be worth just visiting your intended tester to check their 'views' on louder than standard pipes. Or ask the dealer where you bought it to do it, I cant see how they wont as basically they shouldn't have sold an 'Illegal' bike in the first place, maybe put a bit of pressure on them.

Stuart

20. As others have said, go to local MOT centre and ask if they would be willing to pass it. Don't point out the text on the can, it's their job to find it, not your job to point it out.

I've had my 749r with a full 57mm system and the Diavel with full termi system both MOT'd without any problems.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information