1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Full Termignoni System Fit

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by aviating cud, Aug 20, 2021.

1. For those that aren't in the know the full 70mm termignoni system from the 1199 and 1299 with no modifications necessary. The job is a pain in the backside though and you do need a very good selection of tools.

After I removed all of the fairings other than the headlight fairing I started gaining access to the original exhaust. The left hand foot hanger needs to be removed to access the bolt holding the silencer on. Be careful as the angle onto the bolt is slightly off and it could be easy to damage the hex on the socket cap bolt.

The evap filter bracket needs to be removed and the filter pushed over to access the bolt for the lower rad fan housing plus you need to remove the lower bolt too and this allows the housing to be swung slightly to give access to the header bolts for the horizontal cylinder.

The rear cylinder header bolts aren't too bad to access though

The exhaust servo and housing needs to be removed for the forward bracket

Assembling the system was fairly straight forward compared to removing the standard exhaust

I had to make up some spacers for the heat shield as the second hand exhaust I bought didn't include them and was missing a few of the correct fasteners.

I've ordered the upmap kit and will load up one of their maps once it arrives.

IMG_5708.JPG ATTACH=full]248267[/ATTA[CH] IMG_5709.JPG 1.png
    2.png IMG_5723.JPG IMG_5724.JPG IMG_5722.JPG

IMG_5710.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I received my T800+ and lead today and uploaded the correct map for the system. The user guide is very helpful as I couldn’t change the language on the app from Italian to English. After the upload I took the bike for a very quick spin. On start up I now get racing evo on the screen plus I have an additional map setting(sport). On the ride I instantly felt the bike pick up much much better at low revs when setting off. The mid range feels stronger too. Very pleased with the upgrade and it only cost me just over £1000 E8C958E9-C79D-4F37-AC27-2A7DD5FFF138.jpeg 39188FC7-1C89-4192-BF24-BA0DABC6ACD3.jpeg 3DF0316B-4EF7-40AE-8939-5E1D8C6B651F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Very useful info, thanks for posting :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here are some photos. IMG_5752[1].JPG IMG_5753[1].JPG

• Like Like x 6
  5. Good to learn the 899/1199 fits the V2. Fitted the full system to my 959.

6. Nice bike. The fairings work so much better on the v2 than the gen1 v4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. would you say that its helped make the bike run cooler?

8. That's what I want to know. I've got a 2012 1199S with the OEM exhaust and I'm looking for ways to cool it down, beyond the heat shield kit I'll install.

9. Nice job that.

10. I've heat shield inside plastic head covers. Inside of subframe. Gold on u/s of tank. On underside of seat. Under carbon trim covers for o/s of subframe. Gold in exhaust heat shield (Akropovic). Its better. Its still hot, but its much better. Apparently Ti runs cooler. So all is well, there's your excuse.

11. Yes that's the same or very similar to the heat shield kit I've got here--I believe it's from Ducati spacers. No time to install it yet, but it's fairly comprehensive like the one you described. I do also want a full exhaust on the 1199S, as I've always done that for my previous bikes, and current 2015 R1. Problem is--they are $$$$ on the Panigales! :-(

12. getting rid of the CATs will help with a set of termi cans..
    also consider some AIS block off plates if you swap exhausts as this stops the exhaust gas re-circulation..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thank you Nathanhu----I do indeed plan on slip-ons minimum, but I hope to get a full system if funds permit. I'll research AIS block-off plates. First I've heard of this mod. Any links you could provide to the procedure or parts?

Many thanks!
    Greg

14. Hi Greg,
    https://www.shop.kyleusa.com/Ducati-1199-Panigale-Smog-Block-Off-Plates-0289.htm
    is a short note in the info table of the advert.
    my understanding is that the system needs to keep the Cats Hot and protect them from unburnt fuel, so fresh air is allowed to enter the exhaust manifold to weaken the mixture, and burn off excess fuel / emissions.
    my logic says this is also a factor in excessive manifold and exhaust heat. since I have fitted mine, I don't have a real issue with heat radiating up to the rider.

15. Nathanhu--great info again, thank you. I've bookmarked that Kyle USA page and will definitely include the block-off plates with any modded exhaust.

16. After riding the bike last week in the heatwave I can say that I thought the bike ran cooler and was cooler to ride and wasn’t scorching my backside, even through towns and villages.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information