1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fullsix Exhaust Cover

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ian King, Mar 28, 2021.

1. I am in the middle fo trying to fit a Fullsix one piece carbon exhaust cover but come to a halt. Does anyone have experience of fitting one?

2. Yep, I fitted one last year but have since removed since I upgraded to the full akra. It’s not a simple install. Tank had to come off, all four subframe bolts removed. Wiring loom loosened by snipping zip ties so that the subframe could be ‘folded’ over to rest upside down on the bike. OEM inner heat shield was assembled inside the FullSix cover and bolted to subframe before ‘folding’ subframe back into position and refitting (bearing in mind that the subframe bolts are single use). I also found I had to remove the right rearset iirc this was in order to be able to reposition the subframe with exhaust cover attached.

#4 Jamessd, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Sorry, forgot to mention this was on a Panigale but I think the install on a Streetfighter would be very similar.

4. I know we all like some quality carbon! But seriously is it worth the ball ache.... especially the heat shield :rolleyes: Its not like the OE one weighs in at a few kilograms. I fitted one of these on the 959 but did it in conjunction with fitting the full carbon subframe... So made sense! I’m also running some bolt on DP carbon parts on the V4 but nothing that you can’t fit in under 20mins and without dismantling half the bike....

5. To be fair the carbon looks a hell of a lot better than the OEM plastic crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yep totally agree.... but what an arse to fit! Wouldn’t bother personally. I’m not offended by the OE one. You might save a gram or two in weight so it’s purely down to the look:bucktooth:

7. Mine just kind of blends in anyway....

342E94C2-7B28-4E91-9713-7F60A5895250.jpeg

8. Thanks James, the missing link must be removing the subframe!

9. Thanks James, all clear now but the subframe bolts don't seem to be single use as steel?

10. replacement is recommended (below taken from 2018 Panigale V4 torque specs document)

C1EA61E7-8B9B-44CB-95FB-39329A31C032.jpeg

11. Thanks James, where did you find that?

12. Thanks again, I just received this that would have been very helpful in advance!

Attached Files:

13. No worries, and hopefully that pdf you’ve posted will come in helpful for others in future.

14. bloody hell, just bought one of these 'cheap' from ebay but might not have bothered if had seen how complex the install was going to be. thanks for all the advice, now got to be nice to my mate 'who can'

15. and my mate who can, can't. all looking like tricky installation job so giving up and stuck it on the 'for sale' page if anyone else interested :upyeah:

16. IIRC the carbon heat shields are not guaranteed against heat damage/fading etc. :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information