1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny How One Thing Leads To Another!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mark9, Sep 4, 2019.

1. I bought an M900 a couple of months back, love it, really comfy, nice amount of torque, full of character, I’d recommend everyone has one, now I’m in the process of buying an M1200, it’ll be very different I guess, what it might lack in character I think it will make up for in torque!!
    Anyway here it is
    P.S. the 1200 is missing a baffle, does anyone have one for sale?, thanks Mark
    FD60B1C6-141C-447E-B8AF-C5E814A5066C.jpeg
    96353597-5F6E-4448-BFFE-83D4BE644D7E.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. Did I ever tell you the story of me popping out to buy a sat nav holder lead to me buying a Panigale R? o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. The first one looks nicer.IMO,but the second will be more comfy on that longer journey.

4. I prefer the second one. Horses for courses.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The strange thing is I never really liked the looks of the M900 over the years, then I saw one a couple of months ago and thought, actually I like that, mine then came along at a good price, really glad I got it, great bike, I guess owning the M900 led me in to liking the look of the M1200 more, but the real reason I’m buying it is I miss the buzz my Fireblade used to give me on acceleration, I’m guessing the 1200 will remedy that! , I do personally think the M900 is prettier though.

6. Definitely the 2nd one for me too. Damn I need to get myself a Monster for next year!

7. The M900 for me, love the air/oil cooled 2 valve monsters!

Steve

8. I went to buy a gear change rubber for a Multistrada and bought a 1200R Monster instead....

9. How it should be...... :)

10. Waiting for that titled thread;-
    Went Out For New Pants & Socks And Came Back With A Wife Instead @Robarano ;)

11. What colour socks? :thinkingface:

12. Black/Blue:upyeah:

13. Stunning. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. One of these came in as PX at work against Z900... wasn't in the market... but can't stop looking at it and thinking it needs to come home with me!!! I'm a sucker for something different! Will get my coat and start running real quick IMG_4002.PNG IMG_4003.PNG IMG_4004.PNG ;)

• Like Like x 6
  15. I was out with someone last weekend with one of these machines & hoping to a get a ride indue course:upyeah:sounds great as well.

16. All I'd say is ride before you buy!! Probably one of the most disappointing bikes I've ridden to date. Handling was very wayward and the engine is really flat considering BMW claim over 100nm of torque...was expecting a little more from it if I'm honest.... On the plus side the build quality is mega, sounded great with the Akra's, looks fantastic and quick warm up time on heated grips!!!! And I'm afraid that's where it ends..... Defo not something I'd consider....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I wonder what the 1200 monster is like on track.

18. Well i run a old Buell & this would be a luxury for me:) but thanks for your opinion much appreciated:upyeah:

19. Quick enough. Easily outdrag a multi on the straights.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Talking about how one thing leads to another, I decided I like my M1200 as it is and that I was going to change nothing, no tail tidy, no cosmetic changes, it had survived since December 2016 without being messed with (apart from DMC fitting the silencers and Lorenzo sticker kit prior to sale) , anyway 20 hours into ownership the Lorenzo 99 has gone from the tail replaced with a Ducati Meccanica sticker, (although I do need a nicer one), grip puppies have been fitted (the original grips felt like a broom handle), but that’s it, erm...I think
    :)
    PS can anyone recommend a rear paddock stand?
    9904FD87-6ADA-4EB8-8060-2C4777E301F8.jpeg

#20 Mark9, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information