1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Alarm ...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Packman, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Ok so i pop upto my garage a mile away to get the bike to go to work. Jep you guessed it 2 of the garages next to me have been broken into as in the middle locks smashed out and the corners lifted up. Mines fitted with side locks as well so im not sure if they seen those and thought better of it or there will be another visit.

My bike is bolted into the ground with a inch S/S pin plus 4 chains 2 front 2 rear plus a disc lock and a shutter lock around the chain.

Does or anyone use a PIA alarm that sends a message to your phone and runs off a rechargeable battery.If it went off im sure i could get there while there there plus ive got a new meter long base ball bat that needs marking this was a upgrade from a old rounders bat that i use to use with the kids years ago ...

Owe yes ive gone to the dark side dohh ... the Hyper was spending lots of time on the back wheel since i fettled with it and its 76ft ... so it was going to be either ban or box so i grew up for 5 mins sold the Hyper for the same i brought it for 5 years ago and traveled to the other side of Glasgow and got this :p

The trouble is it sticks out like a sore '''' at a wedding ive popped Fuel cans on it but kept the baffles in , removed the rim stickers as it looks gay and cleaned it some more ....

PS sorry there was no bins in the pic i forgot :p
    20190606_152615.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Congrats on the KTM 990. Best bikes out there :cool:

Question is, would an alarm do any good or would people ignore it? I'd go camera if I were you, however you are either way going to have to look into putting a 4g network up there to send the alarm or camera signal. Look into mifi dongles and wireless cameras. A good USB battery pack will run a small camera for over 24 hours no probs but is solar an option?

3. Not bothered about the alarm as id quite like to catch them at it hence a text ... just want something reliable just for the nights and easy to set up ...Yes cracking bikes lovely and grunty engine as well... deceptively fast as well esp with off road tyres on ..

4. I've heard the ring doorbells can take up to 60 seconds to make the connection to your phone, which is a bit long to leave someone standing at the door or "alone" with your pride and joy.

5. If you have the space, why don't you buy one of those metal sheds designed specifically for bikes. Easy to assemble and internally bolt to the ground then stick a Ring floodlight camera up out of any thieving barstewards reach, to alert you if they try to approach or open it.

6. Is your garage in a block ?

Ie near your house,

If so I could recommend a good alarm system with wireless door / movement sensors.

7. I need one so go ahead....

• Like Like x 1
  8. My friend has one
    He can watch his house from work miles away

I can find out for you

9. My garage is 0.9 miles away can get there in 2 mins in the car ... owe and my garage has no electrics and yes its in a block ...

10. Me too please.

11. Line of sight to house?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Always a solution.....

Your gonna struggle with reliable video, but an alarm would work.

Use a gsm dialler, a master blaster siren “these can be heard upto 2 mile away” :yum a decent leisure battery and a door contact.

Someone opens the door, it calls your mobile then you press a button on the phone to activate the siren.

Nobody is hanging around when that siren goes off, lol.

Your looking about £200 for the kit plus a battery.

PM me if you want to know more.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Yes my neighbor has one, there is a major delay on them.

14. I've a different branded doorbell as I wanted one that didn't require a subscription to someone else's cloud server when I have my own. No noticeable delay, despite my underwhelming fibre upload speed.

If this garage situation were me, I'd hope for line of sight and run a point to point airfibre link to my house, with a camera set to motion alert inside the garage and linked to the home CCTV.

But that's because I'm a techie

Do Not Sell My Personal Information