1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Flooring

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Robarano, Dec 21, 2018.

1. I've decided I need to tile my garage floor as the paint is looking tired, has cracked under the weight of moving my bike lift and I can't be bothered with the same happening again if I repaint it.

So I pulled the pin and ordered some high density lockable garage flooring. Not cheap at £760 to do a double gagrage. This was going to be my winter project but I got a mail yesterday from the comapny saying that they had "low stock" and couldn't fulfill my order until the end of January (I did work myself with them and informed then that they actually had "no stock", but that's another story). :imp:

Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 21.01.22.png

I went for a more expensive "mottled" finish as I'm not really a fan of the checker plate or dot effect tiles, which are a bit cheaper.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go down the route of buying commercial ceramic floor tiles and doing the job properly, even if taking up a lot more time. o_O

17ddf4b86aca315e72820cee3e8a7359.jpg

Oh, and I'm still worried about the weight of the bike lift, so plan to fix it in one position where I don't have to wheel it about, but it doesn't get in the way. :thinkingface:

Rant over! :(

#1 Robarano, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Looks tricky - ask Santa for a 20 piece jig-saw and get some practice in, move up to 100 pieces, then 1000, then give it a go perhaps :thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Dude that won't last a crack

4. I once tiled a shower cubicle with mosaic tiles. o_O That actually wasn't too bad, but it's the grouting I hate. :(

5. Commercial garage tiles.

6. Cool I'm saying no more

7. I bet you do. :eyes: :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 21.26.14.png

One of them counts as a reply too. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. It’ll take even longer by the time you’ve put underfoor heating in first!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. What about a polished concrete floor? Screed what you have and then polish to a high gloss.

Edit. Had to change ‘Screws’ for ‘Screed’! Fecking autospellcheckerthingywotsit.

#12 West Cork Paul, Dec 21, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. (space)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. T

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information