1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Renovation - What’s Your Like

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Finally getting close to having a usable garage again, one that my car ca reside in! It’s been a drama, no doubt about that! And I’ve had to compromise a bit to stay on the right side of regulations but it’s just final fixings then I can start the finish!

Any ideas or pics welcome of theirs. Yes I know there’s a show your garage thread but it’s pages and pages and pages! As per pic, it’s an l shape. Car going on rhs, just fits ok if I put on skates and push I’m (less likely to damage) so Les is bikes & workshop area.

Not looking forward to sanding the joins and painting...

FF06CDAD-9AA4-499B-B636-AAEF63E72FC2.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Don’t make the mistake I made with the flooring. I laid a roll of vinyl flooring from Costco, https://www.costco.co.uk/Tyres-Auto...r-75-x-17ft-23-x-52M-Floor-Protector/p/112281, and if I put the car away having been out in the rain, I end up with puddles of water on the floor which means my tools start to rust. Andy

3. Nice garage! Hire yourself a festool sander for joints! Piece of cake then!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I used to nail carpet off cuts to the garage walls to stop the car door being damaged when space was tight and the door was opened. Your garage looks to hoitee toitee for that though

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I used high density server packing foam, had Dell & HP branded walls at one point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Hot tip from @Cream_Revenge

Ceiling sockets for power tools/trickle chargers.

Done in mine and a revelation. No more wires to trip over.

Edit
    Got any convenient plumbing for a stainless steel sink?

• Like Like x 4
  7. i put some in my workshop but rarely use em as i need a step ladder to plug things into em!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. You could jump higher!

9. ..... anyway Bradders, you get the idea. I have 4 trickle charger cables dangling down all ready to plug into bikes as they come and go. A spare couple of accessible sockets like @Darkness says would be beneficial too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. No need to spoil it with a car! Get a bike lift!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. I thought that chuckle brother had passed on?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. That’s the other one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I’ve done the hang from ceiling extension stuff for years. Won’t be this time tho unless I have to change layout. Car will be on a maintenance charger, and they is right next to a wall socket. Bikes don’t live on chargers.

anyone got a Hilka 7 ft bench? I need to know the internal dimensions, as looks like there is an upstand just off centre. I can then get a couple of tool cabinets to fit under. This one.
    C7459188-472C-46B1-998C-C40560866EA7.png

14. I’ve only done it for the car!!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information