1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garmin Not Charging

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by panigale66, May 26, 2016.

1. My garmin 390 isn't charging when mounted to the cradle but will when connected via USB! Can anybody clarify that the positive feed it on the right hand side
    [​IMG]
    Or has anyone around Cheshire got a cradle fitted to their bike so I can try my unit on it
    Cheers Rich

2. I had a similar problem, when the little plastic tab between the charging pins got bent; pulled it out the way and it works fine now. (I assume it's only there to prevent accidental shorts.)

I think others have had problems with the pins getting stuck. Make sure they push in and spring back out, give 'em a good squirt of silicone spray or something.

... or are you not getting 12V when you put the meter on the two pins?

3. The pins look ok and I've cleaned them too you only have 5V going to the unit

4. Oh, there's a transformer in the cable? I can't remember: fitted mine over two years ago, and haven't had to look at it since.

5. Yeah sure is

6. I had the same issue on my 340, which utilizes the same cradle. I found that sometimes one of the pins stays in. Nothing a squirt of contact cleaner can't solve.
    However the revelation was finding that the whole cable end which holds the pins was sliding back in the cradle slightly. This meant that the pins lost contact with the device when riding along. Simply pushing the connector in the cradle from behind, prior to mounting the gps seemed to solve the problem. Just push it towards where the gps would sit. You can also check if the small screw which holds it in position is still there and tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. It was the unit it self that was the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information