1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garmin Xt & Iconic Bracket

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by ymfb, May 18, 2022.

1. I have ordered the iconic Sat Nav bracket and ready to buy the Garmin XT, presumably I need a holder, does that come with the Garmin.

Are there any deals on XTs ?

thanks

2. Dunno about deals, but the XT does come with a holder that you can attach to a bike bracket or to the included ball mount/bar holder.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I found sportsbikeshop was the cheapest for the XT when I got mine a year or so ago.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I bought the XT from Amazon out of pure laziness. All the sellers prices were the same.

The iconic bracket arrived this morning so I’ve fitted it tonight. My brother in law is coming round tomorrow after work to solder the connections and I will reassemble it ready for a run on Saturday.

Now off to look at photos for cable routing ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I just coiled the cable and located it under the front panel where the switched power lead is

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I was thinking the bigger challenge is how to get from the XT to the back of the TFT and make it look tidy or invisible

7. I zip tied to the other wires/cables on the handle bar ,tricky bit is having enough slack to raise and lower the screen
    My cable sits on left hand side ,slightly across the TFT but not obscuring any info
    I was going to have another go but as it works I left it alone lol

8. Carefully remove, slice open the small white pre-fitted NAV cable behind the DIN socket cover, solder the Zumo cable to the removed white plug and plug back in to original socket. Cable tie the Zumo cable to the back of the Iconic mounting bracket. The cable automatically tucks itself down the back of the dash TFT when I lower the screen and there is enough slack when raised. Also cable-tied the excess cable and tucked it behind upper fairing where the DIN plug is.

I also recommend the Touratech lockable Zumo XT mount... saves having to pocket the Zumo each time you get off for and leave it for a few mins. IMG_2172.jpeg IMG_2176.jpeg

#9 MutleyV4S, May 27, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  9. that looks very neat, certainly compared with older Touratech lockable mounts, I think I will be off to Rugged Roads to get one, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It is very neat..not too badly priced…. I got mine from Touratech.co.uk but took a while to be shipped from Germany… worth it though

11. Did you have to pay import taxes etc ?

12. Not if you order from the Touratech UK site… is less than £135 anyway even in European site I think so no taxes

13. Is that a screen protector on your TFT? If it is, can I ask which one you went for?

14. Yes - is a Speedo Angels matte protector. Very good quality and works well.

15. Brilliant. Many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Today was the first ride with the Xt on the Iconic bracket, it wobbles a bit, hopefully the Touratech lockable won't make that worse.

There was also a lot of reflection from my below Helite air vest, so will be playing with angles later.

17. just ordered from Rugged Roads £124.16 incl P & P, the website said in stock, but who knows where its coming from.

• Like Like x 1
  18. There is a small amount of wobble but given the type of assembly the Iconic one is there's not much can be done about that. It doesn't bother me tbh.

I also bought an anti-reflective screen protector from ebay which also helps.

#19 MutleyV4S, May 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 30, 2022
  19. Could someone with one of these Touratech lockable XT mounts, kindly explain which way the key turns to unlock and what to press to release the Garmin.

I thought you turned the key and pressed the long rubber button in the middle on top. But I can’t release the Nav.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information