1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garmin Zumo Xt - Useful Info

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by steveb123, Dec 12, 2021.

1. #1 steveb123, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2023
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Useful Useful x 4
  2. Ah - thanks for linking to that page @steveb123 , and thank you for the comments. Actually, I had forgotten that I had placed a copy on the Issuu site. That particular document may be a bit out of date as I haven't updated that issuu site since 6th of December, and I know I have added more detail to things like Categories, MyRouteApp, Point to Point navigation and Garmin Explore. I'll get round to doing it now you have jogged my memory. But I keep an up-to-date web based version of it on Zumo User Forums here. I don't think that you need to be a member, but if you do, signing up us free.

I don't have a Ducati (but I fixed one at the roadside a few weeks back), but I do know a fair bit about the Zumos.

#2 jfheath, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Many thanks to the link to the web based version of your Zumo XT and Basecamp - Everything That You Need to Know document on the Zumo User Forums. I occasionally have a look at these forums but had not come across your document.

I must congratulate you on your excellent document. I've been using Garmin Zumo sat navs (starting with 660, a 595, and now an XT) together with Basecamp for over 12 years and I have learnt a hell of a lot from your document. I now use MyRouteApp for initial route planning as I like to choice of maps (esp. Michelin maps) and use Basecamp to finesse the routes and add Waypoints (Favourites) for hotels, cafes/restaurants and other "I plan to visit" locations.

Again, many thanks for all the time and skill you have invested in your Zumo ZT and Basecamp document!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheers Steve - I have just updated the version that is on the Issuu site, and brought it in line with my own DTP version and the web pages on Zumo Users.

The same link that you posted should now point to the new version. This one has V3.1 on the bottom of every page.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information