1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gasoline Leakage After Drop

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Rubbeman, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Hey guys, im a New bike owner and ducati owner. So i have little knowledge to no knowledge on bikes. A friend of mine borrowed my monster 6000 a 2000 model. And when parking it he accidently dropped it and there was some gasoline leaking out under it. I know one of the tubes are a overflow tube. But there are 3 more sticking out. Is it normal ?

Added some pictures https://imgur.com/gallery/Pk6Xp

2. if its a carb model then yes. as long as its stopped and running fine i wouldn't worry to much. just keep an eye on it. :upyeah:

3. What Finn said. with the caveats that
    1) petrol is funny stuff and can flow "uphill" thanks to capillary action and general buggerance, so check again
    2) because of #1 it's possible that what looks like the contents of the float bowls going for a walk is actually something else, so keep an eye on it.
    (which is one of those unhelpful answers that means "it's not a problem unless it is", but I'd work on the principle of assuming you are fine unless it presents other symptoms)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information