1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day From Sydney

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Tony1951, Apr 6, 2019.

1. My first post , but not my first Ducati.
    Nice to be here.
    Its an ST4S, which mates nicely with my MV Agusta F4 1000.
    I need help please.
    In a moment of brain fade just now I've put my battery in back to front and effectively reversed the polarity (wondered why the fan was running! - duh!)
    I've now replaced the blown 40amp fuse adjacent to the battery, checked all the others (all fine) along with other obvious issues.
    All electric functions appear to be working, lights, blinkers etc etc - except the starter motor!
    Are there any other fuses anywhere aside from the fuse block and the separate 40amp one?
    Any ideas what else I might have fried?
    Thanks all

2. Welcome upside down man:sun::upyeah:pictures of the MV as and when you get the chance:thinkingface: sorry but i don't know anything about frying eggs:confused:
    but there are others that do on here:upyeah:

3. Welcome from the Northern Hemisphere Tony. Try pasting this in the Technical Help section you'll get a quicker response to your question.

4. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum from the other side of the world

5. Its the ecu you need to worry about, you may well have fried it.
    Our resident ecu expert is @chrisw
    Is your fuel pump priming?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome Tony. :) :upyeah:

You may not want to hear this, but my friend bought a new F4 1000 in 2010. He left it for a few weeks before using it and the battery went flat. He put a car booster charger on it and blew the whole ECU. o_O I hope you haven't suffered the same fate.

7. Fuse 4 in the fuse box is a 3 amp for the ECU. Fuse 5 isa 7.5 amp for the key sense. Fuse 6 is a 20 amp for the injectors. Fuse 1 is a 30 amp for the main switch. Check them all. Voltage inversion normally fries an internal earth in the ECU. The work around is to run a wire from the earth wire of the diagnostic connector to the battery -ve. The diagnostic connector is a 3 way Superseal connector with 2 wires going into it. The earth is what would be the middle wire on the 3 way connector.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. welcome tony'

9. G’day Tony, welcome to the forum
    Hope you get it sorted.

10. Welcome Upside Down Wrong Way Round man :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Gday Tone.A million years ago,did the same with a gpz11.Result,one dead ecu.Hope you have better luck.Anyway,it was a new battery and I was young and,and,and.....

12. Welcome along hopefully you are sorted soon

13. Welcome David

14. Thanks

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Thanks

16. I think its one for Ducati dealer nearby Paul

17. Pleased to know Im not alone. I cant claim youth as my defence - sadly!

18. Cheers

19. Don't want to think about the ecu

20. Luckily its not the F4 Ive fried

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information