1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G'day!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Pete T, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Hi everyone. Yes they've let another Aussie in. Been tapping into the knowledge on this forum for a year or so and fair to say your comments and enthusiasm have convinced me to take the plunge and buy a V4S when the 2020 gets here in April. Had the current steed for 25 years. Funnily back then was torn between the VFR750 and the brand new 916 - the head won over the heart (probably a good thing) and I've got to say it has been and still is a great machine - so it's fitting that the next bike will be, to me, like the perfect blend of those two. A recent test ride on the V4 Duc felt surprisingly familiar although perhaps a tad more than the 80 hp I'm used to. It even sounded the same. Of course the Duc is a much more spectacularly beautiful machine but I'll also be keeping the VFR as I'm not sure the V4S is the most comfortable choice for my annual MotoGP trip to Phillip Island (1400km over 2 days each way). And I need to explore luggage options. Will have a few months to figure that out. 20171026_154424.jpg 20191209_233358.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. Welcome dude

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome Dude,
    @chizel a fellow country man.... say hello...

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Welcome, Chiz is from one of your colonies :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to the Forum Ozzie dude:upyeah: but feck me that's a lot of luggage on the back - for a 2 day trip?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hi & welcome

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome along Pete

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome nosey parker.;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kia ora...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Greetings Crocodile Pete T!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'd stick with the vfr myself :D, welcome though chap

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. dont make me come over there dude! tbh the vfr aint hideous and are a great bike by all accounts..(still not a fucken duke though is it?)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. welcome pete

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum fantastic first write up why can't all new members write this sort of thing although Peter T you are not perfect we need pictures of your bins it's the forum law

• Like Like x 1
  17. Welcome mte to Ducati and the best forum in the World...

They do say if Carlsberg made a Ducati forum this would be the .... .... .... x

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Top of the morning to yi !!! Welcome along dude !!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Welcome home....even tho you are an Aussie (it's not your fault)
    Myself, ex-pat Kiwi in Cornwall England.
    I bet you are super stoked to get the V4, wow, what a machine aye.
    It's not just that it's a new bike you are getting, it's that you are going to be riding a Ducati, and I doubt very much that the VFR will see any road time, the smile you will have in that helmet will be massive. The kerb appeal too....oh yea, you'll walk away from it and give it a "kick back stare"

• Like Like x 1
  20. Welcome and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information