1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Gear Indicator - Healtech Or Other Options?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by SF Kiwi, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Alright there team, I'm wondering if there are other options other than Healtech out there?

I'd love to hear from someone with one. I'm almost happy to pay for it (healtech) as it's plug and play, but is there another option with the same ease of instal?

Thanks in advance

Side note, I don't need it for the road, it's for track days....(just in case anyone fancied taking the piss out of me)

#1 SF Kiwi, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. i have the healtech gear indicator on my 999 and it works great. Also works as a shift light

3. I've got the healtech, wouldn't be without it now.
    Note if you are connecting to the plug under the seat, the plug on the heal tech device is too big to thread through the hole for the wires.
    I had to cut the wires & rejoin them. The system works ok with connectors in the wiring though

4. Thanks mate, I ordered the Healtech and it arrived, I plummed it in and nothing....didn't work at all, no power to it. Contacted them, they said to send it back....it was a duff one...new one in the post....can't wait.
    I think it'll help on the road as well, to set up for corners with confidence and easier planning....sounds a bit odd when you say it out loud....but these things drive in any gear, but to get the best out of it....and rag it.....I think this is a great idea..

Can't wait for Doninington now.

5. I just fitted my Healtech gear indicator to my 1198s and there is no need to cut and join any wires at all.The holes under the seat cowl are plenty large enough to pass the plugs through.If you cut wires your warranty is out the door.

20200814_181100.jpg

6. Yep, perfect, I've just fitted mine and it's really amazing
    I've not been able to ride it out yet but need to make sure I reach 6th.
    Where did you mount the indicator?
    I'm going for the middle on top of the screen.....can't miss it then

7. I haven't got a hole like that under my seat?
    Re where is it fitted, i put my indicator to the right of the dash.

8. L/H side of the instrument cluster,I can see it OK.
    I haven't programmed mine yet either,raining today.Maybe tomorrow,just have to find a road long enough rather than the Hwy to do it.

9. Thats strange about the hole under the cowl.Have you got the "S" model like I have?

10. Yes, I'll try & take a picture when i get chance

11. Just a tip.you need a long stretch of road to program these indicators.
    I was too quick and it missed programming one gear.
    Now it tells me I only have 5 gears.lol
    I will re-set it and try again next weekend.

12. i programmed mine on a stand. No need to do it on the road .

13. I don't like the idea of spinning the back wheel on the stand in gear especially 6th gear.

14. you dont have to spin it at at 100mph just enough for the indicator to see the difference between rpm and wheel speed in each gear.

15. Yeh I know.So I re-set to default.Found my long road and started over and all good.

16. Gear indicator.jpg He's my connection, I can see where you put the plug into the unit, I chose to use the existing entry point hence me cutting & rejoining the wires Gear indicator.jpg

17. Fair enough.It's neat and tidy.Good work.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I bought a healtech gear indicator for my 2009 1198, seemed easy I thought - but no, connector not under the seat, so I removed the rear cowl (needed a good clean and polish so not an entirely wasted effort)
    There is the 6 pin connector (the clear plug with a blank in)

so am at a bit of a loss at the moment - Healtech have been very helpful so far in a couple of emails
    Couple of pictures - mine is the blue bodywork, the read is what I should have

842ACAF5-EDF4-44B4-A324-CB5D184AC2AF.jpeg

D9397BFD-9CBD-44C3-A7EE-0F8E7FF9D0ED.jpeg

B05F7AE4-2769-4D09-B1FD-32376A112F11.jpeg

429A19EE-E45A-4C27-A929-ACCF3FDD88C9.png

8FB83509-71E5-43FE-B800-74978FE6E2EA.jpeg

8FCA8E5E-4AA7-4C17-9AD0-FB12A029F433.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information