1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear Indicator Mounting On Hypermotard 1100

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by folbjo, Aug 7, 2019.

1. I have wanted a gear indicator for my Hyper. The choice fell easily on the Gi-Pro. Plug and play product.
    There are many ways to do things, but I can spend some time figuring out how the details should be. I don't like just stitching stuff together. Placement, design, function etc are important to me.

Thought I'd show you how I've fixed it on my Belladonna.

First I decided where it should be mounted. Made a template in cardboard.
    Then I cut out an aluminum plate to mount the Gi Pro on. Painted it first and glued it to the back of the instrument with Tex-7.

I chose to use a gipro mount bracket. Visually, mount bracket is best.
    Also glued the mount bracket to the aluminum bracket with Tex-7. I chose to drill a hole in the aluminum plate so that I could push the GiPro out of the mount bracket with an umbraco key if needed.

The installation works absolutely fantastic and I was very pleased with the result
    This way I also have full access to the bolts. Important to think about this as well

20190602_192753.jpg 20190603_175438.jpg 20190603_134249.jpg 20190603_170421.jpg 20190805_185957.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nice job :upyeah:

3. That’s neat. Mine is stuck on with double sided tape which works ok

Do Not Sell My Personal Information