1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Gear Indicator

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Cream_Revenge, May 24, 2017.

1. Anyone fitted one?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Have the Glpro installed and its works fine, no more shifting for 7th gear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I believe it's rather simpler to fit one to the later red frame bikes.

4. I don't have that luxury..........

5. In which case it's not quite plug and play as I believe it is with the later bike.

Try looking up the instructions on their web-site

6. I fitted the PZ racing plug and play one as I didn't like the idea of messing with the loom but couldn't get it to calibrate. I emailed PZ racing direct and they asked me to send them a short video of me doing the calibration prosess with the bike on a paddock stand which I did but never got a reply from them so I returned it to Demon Tweeks for a full refund. Shame really as I quite liked the idea of being able to see what gear I would be in as I often try to go for seventh!

7. it really is easy to install, clamp the ignition,power and ground wires and its done, set up is easy,i have not had a single problem with it. also has a shift light built in.

8. What model? The one I linked above?

9. GIPRO-X + GPX-D01 is the one i have for 2004 999

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. pic of how you positioned the display???

11. this is where i put mine

IMG_0554.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. I’ve just installed my GIPro DS-Series into my 848, sorry for hijacking this thread. But now I think I should have wrapped the wire in insulation to protect it from the heat. Did any of you wrap the wire or did you just install it as is?

13. Heat activated shrink wrap would be best. Maplins do it'

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for the prompt reply, it makes sense. I did contact healtech and was sent this reply:

"Please try to route the GPDS harness farther away from the ignition coil wires, the coil and spark plugs. Also route the cable farther away from the ECU wiring harness as much as possible.
    Heat shouldn't be a problem."

15. i didnt wrap the harness for the gear indicator but i did wrap the exposed wire of the quickshift harness going to the coils.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information