1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Gear Indicator

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mongoose, May 6, 2018.

1. Has anyone had the gear indicator on the dashboard go out of sinc ?
    Can it be reset ?
    I noticed today that when moving from 2nd to 3rd the gear indicator on the dashboard shows I'm still in 2nd then when moving from 3rd to 4th it seems to all full back into place and then 5th and 6th seem to be fine.
    Sometimes it'll show 2nd when in neutral which is a pain sometimes as I have to pull the clutch in to start the bike as it thinks it's in gear when it actually in neutral.
    The bikes recently had a oil change and all gears work fine. No jumping out of gear or anything like that and chain tension is spot on.
    It'll run fine through all the gears with and without the quick shifter.
    Its as if the gears are arguing with the indicator and giving false readings.
    Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

2. Yes, the service Center can “re-sync” it for you. It’s quiet a simple process once they connect the bike to their computer. They put my bike on a paddock stand and ran it through the various gears.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big shout out to Glen At Moto V for solving this problem for me today. With the correct software which he had you can put the gear indicator into teach mode then run it through the gears on a paddock stand to reprogram the indicator.
    Glen explained everything to me as he did this and had no problems in answering a few other questions I had.
    Definitely would recommend Glen Moto V for very professional and great service.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glen is a topbloke, used him before and would have no qualms in recommending him

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information