1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Info/help..

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by GlenB1969, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Probably a moment of madness...I have just bought a Cagiva 750 Elefant 1987 "D"
    Bit of a restoration job, although not much left to do.
    Just wanted some general info about who and where i can get bits/help if i need it, plus does anyone know of any real "Must and Must nots" with these?
    Thanks all...

2. Welcome to the Forum Glen :upyeah:.

Can't help with the Elefant, save to say afaik it's basically a 750 desmodue air cooled engine isn't it?

3. Don’t put ethanol in the fuel tank: they swell a treat!

Here’s mine:

upload_2020-7-1_15-22-18.jpeg

4. Hi Glen
    Apart from the links above, you can post on here anytime of course as there is a massive knowledge base, i've had about 7 over the years so will add any quirks I can think of. The expanding tank (as mentioned) is one of course but this is the same for all PA6 type tanks. The first 750 I bought was so swollen that I ended up ignoring the front tank mounts. It's a fallacy to believe that every swollen tank is purely an ethanol-based problem, it's water and anything related to this, e.g. moisture, condensation that is the sole cause. My tank expanded as a result of this only as it was pre-ethanol fuel. An immediate "quirk" that comes to mind, is the dash mounted fuse box on the right - as common to a lot of Italian fuseboxes sadly the contacts are not up to the current passing capacities in the worst scenario (lots of starter cranking/corrosion etc) and a clue to this might be a melted fuse (with element still entact!). The majority "get by" without failure, but one to watch out for.

Ran a thread for a while but fizzled out now:-
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/cagiva-elefant-750-1987.5627/page-8
    [​IMG]

#6 Chris, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  5. Welcome to the forum

6. Hi and welcome

7. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information