1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT General Question

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Feb 18, 2018.

1. So being a retired IT manager I still don’t have the know how to change the settings on my bike.

I ride in touring mode with the Skyhook setup whatever it is, I have wound down the nut on the front right hand fork from right up to 8 turns down for a 16st person but still I find the front diving down to much for me, can I adjust the Skyhook stuff to compensate for this or do I wind down the nut more?.

Also, if I want to remove the rear wheel do I have to take the exhaust off first?.

I decided to keep the bike rather than px it in for a new one, well only doing 3475 miles the wife knew better.

2. To remove the rear wheel you just have to remove the silver cover and the end silencer.
    You can adjust the damping on the skyhook, sadly you will probably have to RTFM (read the f*cking manual).
    Or there is a thread here which might help?
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/standard-suspension-setting.35223/

It might be worth you while going and getting the suspension set up properly, not sure where you are but P&H offer this service (as do other dealers), you might need to increase the springs, but in the long run it's going to be cheaper than buying a new bike :)

3. DVT suspension changes, pre load on the fork, all else through the dash, press and hold the menu iirc, all the settings are in there.

4. I have pressed and held onto everything but I am stupid, give me a Mac or Windows PC and away I go, a Ducati manual baffles me.

I shall have to ride over to OYB one day and get some technical bod to show me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I'll have a look tomorrow, but from memory, it's DSS settings in each mode in the menu, like I say, I can look in the morning and take you though it if you need?

6. Just found DSS in the manual and it’s chinese I reckon.

Busy tomorrow morning but will take yet another look in the afternoon, pressing buttons seems to do no good but perseverance is a must.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information