1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Generic Fault Lamp In Dash

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Sotos christou, May 26, 2019.

1. Happened twice now. Generic fault lamp comes up stays on for 20-30 min and goes away without resetting anything. All seems normal fluid levels ok and fuel used is 98 RON.
    Bike has a full termi on, backfires on closed throttle but other than that runs fine. Any ideas what to look for before a run to the dealer??

2. Its a sensor fault, but which one? I have a similar intermittent fault with cornering ABS and traction control. My dealer couldn't identify which sensor it was and said as it is not permanent keep riding and come back when it is permanent. I'd suggest as yours is also intermittent you get your dealer to check the fault codes but in the meantime keep riding unless it that changes to a constant warning light.

3. I had the front brake abs sensor changed within 2years of ownership. My fuel sender seems to have gone tits up this past week. Not that it stops the bike working it just means I have to rely upon mileage used up than the level shown.

Can you take a photo/post of the actual light?

4. I guess it’s one of those things you wish it becomes permanent so you can find what it actually is.

5. Well it says in the manual it’s not a fault of the engine ecu so some peripheral something is starting to play up.

6. I had a similar issue where the genericamp would come on. Turned out to be a dodgy hazard light connector in the right hand switch gear. Dealer told me that this would have flagged a can bus issue and made the light come on. Advise was not to worry too much about the generic lamp as this is for ancillary components.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information