1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Generic Orange Warning (!) Lamp - Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Simon Audi, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Hi Everyone

I was out this morning and had done about a 100 miles and I noticed the generic warning light was on (! Warning) in orange at top left of dash - bike was running fine.

I slowed and pulled over - no other error lights at all on.

Turned off the power and back on still there.

Did that a few times - still there.

Then carried on a mile and stopped and had a coffee in a near by lay by and then restarted bike - still had warning light on - pulled away - still on.

Rode 2 minutes - tried back break - light went out as I pressed rear brake.

I know earlier in the ride I had had 2 brake hard twice - (Rabbit and Police) and had had cruise on at one point too.

So anyone any ideas.

Light stayed off the last 25 miles home and after a few power on and offs in garage too.

One other question - does your dash power down if the engine is not running - I do not recall the bike doing it on the 15 DVT - but my 17 powers down after maybe 30 seconds - bit annoying as it happens if you are scrolling through menu's too.

Thanks

#1 Simon Audi, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. Throw a photo up of the warning lamp! Sounds like brake related, could be the hill hold warning, which normally activates with a strong press of either brake. My 2016 dvt dash powers down but not if I'm scrolling through menus, do you keep the key close by?

3. The key is in a handlebar bag - so real close by - so I do not know why it powers down.

The warning light was - Item 11

upload_2017-7-8_9-45-5.png

upload_2017-7-8_9-45-45.png

But I had no other warnings or messages.

It was not the Hill Hold H indicator..

4. Looks like it picked up an error but now cleared
    What's the reset procedure?
    The dash is unusual, not saying it's this but I had a battery issue with my key fob, maybe worth changing the battery. I always keep a spare under the seat now, good luck, keep us posted

5. I spoke to dealer - he did not know - so its booked in for the 20th - earliest date I could do after today.

He said only way they can tell is plug it in and see history - but neither problem is normal.

6. My 2015 the dash will power itself down after awhile. If the bike sees an error, it will reset light after so many miles/power cycles if error not seen again.

7. When I had that, it was a rear brake sensor. Didn't affect performance but meant rear abs (!! like that works anyway ;) ) may not have worked

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I have had this a couple of time, it was always crap from the road stuck to the front or rear ABS sensor

9. Bike has been in garage for just over 2 weeks now for this and a noise and a vibration.

The warning was either from a front wheel sensor or a rear wheel sensor - both errors were stored in the memory and have cleared.

They are still investigating the noise - tried to post a sound file here here but wont let me.

They are waiting on Ducati on this.

Also I have a vibration which you feel when breaking - or coming off power that you feel through bike - seems like front end - when coming from 110 to say 90 - again they can not find that - I tried all suspension settings, preload, rebound/compression, tyre pressures - but can not track it down or get rid - its not bad - but was not there on my 2015 DVT.

Thoughts

10. Anyone know how to upload a sound file?

11. Can you change format and load to YouTube then link?

12. Can you change format and load to YouTube then link?

13. This site is the ONLY social media I do - would not have a clue how to do that....

14. Play the sound file off of your computer & record it on video on a phone. Upload phone video file'

15. Didn't even know you could upload a video file. Thought you had to link to another online source.

16. That turns a 500K file into a 19MB file that is too big to upload.

Any further suggestions?

17. Are you a fagbooker? Maybe upload it there and link it?

18. Fagbooker???

Face Book? NO

19. vimeo.com join, make account & then upload & share link on here.

20. Have anyone here finger out what is that light mean or problem is?
    What's might be happen after install Rapid bike and the warning light went ON Generic Error on page 45 owner manual.

IMG_7001.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information