1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

George Michael: Freddom Documentary

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Was on last night, good programme and reminds you just how much variety he produced and how much of it was great. And Liam Gallagher a big fan. Never saw that coming!

Really troubled fella, clearly had issues with depression and anxiety but never seemed happier than when in front of a crowd singing.

True star, sandy lost to soon.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I am a big fan . I thought he was great. Listen to his voice, just amazing. His song writing was fantastic.
    I think the lifestyle of a person in that sort of situation is enough to drive anyone stir crazy.
    Imagine you go for a drink in the pub, photos and no privacy .
    You go shopping, the same.
    The amount of money you have means the drive from doing anything must come from within not the need to work . So why get up ??
    Begging letters.
    made up stories in the press
    You meet a new partner , they are with you for the right reasons ??? Will you ever really know ?
    The documentary was done before he died , as in with him , not done after so it didn't mention the vast sums of money he gave to charities .

RIP George.

3. His music was the soundtrack of my youth and I hated all of it. Different tribes and all that. But he was a genuinely nice person. Which was a rare thing in his profession and status. But I detest with vehemence Wham. Aaargh. Not too keen on his later stuff either, but he was a kind and caring soul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think he would admit that. WHAM was bubblegum pop , what people listened to at a certain age and time. Not for me either.

5. Thought the point made about the difference in two types of approach at that time probably almost as fit today: those that wallow in the disaster of today and those that say ‘balls to that, let’s have a party!’

Also made me think that all the kids if today who bang on about it being ‘the oldies fault’ should be educated as to what it was like in the 70’s and 80’s when people were dying of starvation, strikes crippled the country and recession was gripping so hard for most average people it hurt. Added to that the youth had no opportunities, were not able to go onto college or 6th form unless their parents or mythical employer would pay and generally was shit.

And out of all that we had some great music:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. But......... This is still funny :D
    20.20. The Parkinson interview :joy:

#6 Wayne58, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Didn’t like Wham but “As” with Mary j Blige is and will always be one of my favourite songs.

8. Saw him on the faith tour - got dragged along but was a really good night

9. The former Mrs Gimlet once dragged me to a Suede concert against my strongly expressed wishes. Contrary to all expectations it wasn't complete shite. It was very gay but musically actually bloody good.

But don't tell the former Mrs Gimlet....

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information