1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerbing Heated Clothes & Optimate Attachment

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by 2scoops, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Bike: Xdiavel
    Issue:Gerbing supplied wiring harness is to short (battery is way down low) and I can’t get the under belly off anyway (foot pegs blocking one bolt).
    Potential solution?: Gerbing sell an Optimate lead adapter - everything I’ve read (including second hand information from Gerbing) says you should NOT connect the clothing directly to the Optimate lead. Something about too much resistance to get the jacket and gloves working at proper temperatures?!

Has anyone out there come across any of these issues?

Thanks all!

2. I have an Optimate lead on my Diavel & I also use Gerbing heated gloves & jacket. I have a lead that connects to the Optimate lead at one end and has an adaptor into which I can plug the Gerbing clothing at the other end. This was fitted by Nelly at Cornerspeed & it works fine. Happy to take a few photos for you, but I probably won't have chance until next weekend.

3. Thanks for the reply Rudolph. Was the Optimate lead (that comes off your bike battery) fitted specifically for the Gerbing clothes?

4. No, it's just a standard Optimate lead.

5. You can get an adaptor that connects to the diagnostic connection under the seat to an optimate firment.

6. Hi do you have some pictures of where you connected too please as I too have a Diavel...

7. Sorry. The thread is more than 2 years old & I sold the Diavel last year, so I can’t take any photos.

The Gerbing and/or Optimate lead was attached to the battery terminals.

8. so you didn’t attach it to the Diagnosis system then?

9. The Diavel DDA is not a power take off. You can charge the battery through it but that’s it. Andy

10. hi but it does have a 12V pos and negative in pins 1 & 2 and does appear to be able to run my gerbing gloves...

11. Interesting but definitely not what I was told it was for when we bought ours and I can’t check with someone who would know until next Monday but I will ask. I don’t use the DDA for anything on any of my bikes and have always hard wired the battery charger lead direct to the battery and then used that to power any accessories. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Don't know the Daviel details butthe DDA is most likely not fused, so therefore no loom protection if accidentally shorted by external connections such as gloves, etc.

Direct to battery with in-line fuse (such as those supplied by Optimate, etc) would be my recommendation for what it's worth.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information