1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Your Bike Serviced .. Now!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Misterpink, Nov 12, 2019.

1. i have always used Ducati Proteam since 1999 except 2 occasions (more fool me) and they are exceptional. Alec is struggling to fill his service slots - hard to believe!! And may have to close.
    So support a great Ducati garage and get your bike serviced ... NOW!!!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Are you paying.;)

3. Not used him but have only heard good things, hope he survives as the world needs decent indies ...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Where's that then?

5. Sign of the times. A lot of bikes sold today are on PCP which requires main dealer servicing as a condition of finance and more and more people are doing there own servicing on the older bikes. Andy

6. Yes just saw this on Facebook. So much cheaper than main dealers .sad to see

7. Have always used them if possible and are one of the few remaining genuine ducatisti enthused workshops. Let's do our best everyone to support people like this. I absolutely refuse to get my bike dealt with in a Ducati main dealer as only had horror stories as a result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I've used them since buying my Multi in November 2018. Great service and reasonably priced. Would defiantly recommend them and would hate to see them go :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dealer quoted me a grand to do the 18,000 mile service on my 2 year old bike. I thought about changing it and was told that it was worth very little, so much for a Ducati full service history.
    Girlie wanted to part ex her 18 month old Monster 821, cost her over ten grand, perhaps a grand for the services in that 18 months and it is only worth less than 6 grand now.

10. VAT at 20% is a big factor in that though if you are talking about a trade in offer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Quote: VAT is applied because the tax is only charged on the profit that a car dealer makes

12. As no one has posted it yet, I presume this is the chap?

Alec
    Ducati proteam ltd
    6a Cuxton Road
    Strood
    Kent
    ME2 2BT
    01634 711556

his website is still under developement but he does have a facebook account which this was on a few hours ago

[​IMG]

Ducati ProTeam Ltd
    3 hrs ·
    Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to say it looks like Ducati Proteam will be shutting down at the end of this month.
    Unfortunately there just hasn't been enough bikes coming through the doors for the last three months, not sure why, but the bottom line is I have an empty diary and bills to pay.
    Basically, I have two weeks to sort things out, so if you were thinking about getting some work done, please phone now.
    I know it all sounds desperate, but it is.
    I do enjoy meeting you and working on your bikes, hopefully doing a good job.
    So thanks for reading this.

Regards, Al.

#12 noobie, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  13. On second hand vechicles that is correct (i think).

On your "girlies" 821, she paid 20% VAT which is £2K to the government not the dealer. If she is now offerred a trade in of £6K on a 18month old bike -which needs to generate a resale profit- its not unexpected imo.

14. I’ve known Alec for over 20 years. He was a race mechanic for GR Ducati that Ewan Macgregor supported. He serviced my 851 for 5 years and gave it the once over before a big trip to Corsica in 2003, his advice was ‘keep it at a steady 130 and you will be ok’
    That was the best trip ever knowing Alec had fettled the bike.
    Now that I’m riding a Multi, it will definitely be serviced by Pro Team.
    Great service and top people to deal with.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Get it over there NOW, Inda...

16. Wonder if he could do a "mobile" service for ducatis and cut the overheads of a workshop and at the same time offer a new type of service to existing and hopefully new customers?

#16 Hughdg, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. He is in a railway arch. I do believe the rents on these were increasing.

18. So maybe a well equiped van with no rent, electricity rates etc could be made to work as a more viable prospect, still overheads obviously but surely worth looking at.

19. As some may have noticed ive posted many times over the years singing pro teams praises, started using em shortly after i first came to the country 17 years ago when AL (proteams main man) was in Wimbledon..
    i continued to use em when they moved to strood.
    ive tried a few other outfits over the years due to either AL being too busy at the time or it being an emergency and using someone local, but no one ive used comes close (apart from @nelly but hes miles from me!)

i can honestly say AL and Proteam are fantastic! So honest, friendly, knowledgeable and bend over backwards service.. Bloody cheap to boot!!!! the only reasons ive not been to AL in the last 18 months ish is he was to busy for the one job i needed doing at the time (in the time i needed it doing) and i havnt needed anything else done!
    Im heart broken to hear he may have to shut up shop.
    The man is a legend! he let me keep and build my 748 in his shop for over a year ffs!!!!!
    If you aint used him (or have!) and needs some work doing, get on it..
    They used to and may still do a really good value pick up and drop of service for the london area as well (not sure what other areas) which is a god send..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. I used to live in Slough, but worked in Fulham when he was in Wimbledon and could have used a handful of places but chose to use Al instead.
    Not many people know this but i hear he was damn quick on his 851 SP2, but he is far too modest to bring that up.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information