1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting insurance quotes - what a joyless task

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Snips, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Spent a frustrating couple of hours shopping for insurance for my 1098. I'm not asking a question, this is just a moan :wink:

Ducati Insurance gave me two quotes, one low, one high, both with Eagle Red Star. Not at all clear what the difference is.

Online quotes try to be a bit too clever. I have 3 years NCB, still valid after nearly 2 years without a bike. Some sites try and be a bit too clever, and don't accept that I have that NCB if I don't currently have a bike - even though it's still valid.

I can get a variety of quotes online from Bennetts by answering their ambiguous questions in different ways, but when I rang them up and gave them specific info, they couldn't quote (possibly as it's 30 days away from when I get the bike?).

Moneysupermarket gives a range of quotes. Lowest being MCE, but they don't seem to have a great reputation on here. Next lowest is Bikesure, which is about the same as the Eagle Red Star low quote.

:rolleyes:

2. I've been with Mce before and they are terrible. Customer service is non existent and paperwork is always wrong. Ducati insurance are always double everyone else , but always say for me to try next year etc. but each year it's a different excuse why they are so expensive.

Bikesure so far have been brilliant. I've been with them 2 years and if they quote a decent price I'll be staying. I've moved house recently and expected a increase in cost and an admin fee. All done for free. Same if you want to change minor details like reg number and stuff. They are friendly on the phone and have done everything perfectly which is rare for a ins co

3. Agree with Bikesure, very good. Got inflexible when it came to adding the Dvl so went to Carole Nash who couln't manage to get me a cover note emailed for love nor money therefore delaying my new bike pick up, very frustrating. On the advise of the dealer went to Ducati Insurance who turned out cheaper and sorted a cover note in minutes. Not had cause to test them at the roadside as yet though.

#3 DesmoOtto, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
Do Not Sell My Personal Information